Chapter 31

so I made a boo boo last chapter and put Morgan in there when Sam and Daryl was helping Rick lol idk don't ask

my brain is stupid some times lmao

-

I got out of the truck, Daryl pulling Rick out of the truck once he was out.

"Here, hold him up for a second." Daryl told me.

I ran around the truck, steadying Rick.

"I can walk." He mumbled.

"No you can't." I replied.

He stumbled after trying to walk and that's when Daryl just started dragging him again.

I stabbed two walkers in the head before opening the cage door to the shit hole.

"Does Carl know?" Rick asked.

"No." I replied, closing the cage door behind us.

"I'll go get Denise." I stated once we were in Alexandria again.

I ran down the street, rapidly knocking on her door.

"What?" She asked.

"Rick was in a car accident, he needs stitches, he has a concussion, there's cuts and burns all over him. He's at his house with Daryl and Carl." I replied.

"Okay, I'll bring my stuff." She replied.

I ran back down the steps, finding Daryl getting Rick into his house.

"What's going on?" Carl asked.

"He was in a car accident, he's going to be okay." I replied, reassuring the both of us.

Daryl put Rick on the bed while I went looking for towels.

"Rick, stay with us." I heard Denise say as I walked back in the bedroom with towels.

"What's happening?" I asked.

"He might be slipping into a coma." She mumbled.

I looked to Daryl, my anxiety rising.

"Help him!" Daryl ordered.

"I'm trying! I don't do well under pressure!" Denise exclaimed.

I walked over beside the bed on the other side, Rick trying to keep his eyes open.

"He could be bleeding internally." Denise mumbled.

"Well fix it!" I snapped.

"I can't! I'm not a surgeon." She replied.

"You have to try, please." I begged.

"Okay, okay. Everyone please just back up." She demanded.

I watched as she began hooking up heart monitors and an IV, my heart racing.

I looked to Carl who stood over in the corner, chewing on his lip.

"Ye should probably get him out of here." Daryl mumbled, nudging my arm.

I nodded, walking over to Carl.

"We need to give them space, okay? Neither of us need to see what's happening." I told Carl, trying not to make him mad.

He slowly nodded before exiting the room.

"Please come get me if something happens." I mumbled to Daryl.

He nodded before I walked over to Rick and kissed his cheek.

-

I looked at Carl asleep on the couch before turning around and walking into the kitchen.

I leaned against the counter, trying to cope with everything that was happening.

I should've just forgave Rick, forget everything he said, and just move on with what happened.

I ran upstairs, hearing my name from the top of the stairs.

"He's not breathing." Daryl whispered, knowing Carl is asleep.

My heart dropped and I ran into the room, watching Denise giving Rick CPR.

Tears clouded my eyes as his heart monitor changed to a long beep, and changed to just a straight line.

I put a hand to my mouth, holding back my sobs.

"Got him." Denise declared, watching his heart resumed to a steady beat on the monitor.

Tears streamed down my cheeks as relief flooded over me.

"Is he going to be okay?" I asked.

"I'll make sure of it." Denise replied, smiling.

I smiled, noticing the confidence she now had in herself.

-

I checked on Judith before walking downstairs to check on Carl, who I found was still asleep.

I was exhausted, stressed out, and all I wanted to do was cry, but I needed to stay strong.

"How's he doing?" I asked, walking into the bedroom where Denise was sitting in the chair.

Daryl had went back home earlier, and it was just me and Denise.

"He's doing good. He should be awake any moment now." She replied.

"Go ahead and go to sleep. The other couch has a blanket and pillow on it. You've been here all night." I replied, looking at the clock which read five-thirty two A.M.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"I'm sure. I'll yell if I need you." I mumbled.

"Okay." She replied.

I got into bed beside Rick, wrapping my hand around his and scooting closer to him.

-

"I thought you said he'd wake up any moment." I told Denise, sunlight shining through the window.

"He will." She replied.

"It's been eight hours since you said that." I replied.

"Just trust me, okay?" She replied.

"You need to sleep." Maggie told me.

I shook my head 'no' and walked into the kitchen to fix Carl some breakfast.

"Rick is stable. He wouldn't want you worrying, not eating, and not sleeping." Maggie replied.

"He would do the same if I was the one laying in that bed." I replied.

"Go sleep." Maggie ordered, taking the spatula from my hand.

"I'm not sleeping until he's perfectly fine again." I replied.

"That could be weeks." Denise chimed in.

"What?" I asked.

______________

I ACTUALLY CRIED WRITING THIS LMAO

I love u guys so much if u ever need anyone to talk to u can message me <3