Chapter 64

-

"I waited up for you." Rick stated, as I walked into his room.

"Why?" I asked.

"We need to talk. Where were you?" He inquired.

"Uh, I was with Daryl. We were talking about everythin' and trying not to yell at each other." I answered.

"Of course you were." He replied.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"What were you doing? Banging each other in the barn again?" Rick fired back as he walked over to the dresser.

"We never even 'banged.'" I replied.

"Bullshit. You're acting just like Lori did- you think I'm dead so you just go and have sex with my best friend." He snapped.

"Don't you dare say that. I didn't have sex with him!" I yelled.

"I didn't think you had it in ya to be a whore." He stated.

Anger rushed through me as I quickly walked over to him and slapped him as hard as I could.

I turned around and left the room, Tara standing in the hall with her jaw dropped.

First of all, Rick and I weren't even together. Second of all, I just kissed Daryl, we didn't have sex.

I walked out into the street, pacing back and forth.

"Sam, you okay?" Tara asked, walking down the steps.

"No." I mumbled.

"I yelled at him and slapped him, too. If that makes you feel better." She replied.

-

"Say sorry and make up." Maggie ordered.

"I have nothing to apologize for." Rick replied, trying to stand up before Glenn pushed him back down on the couch beside me.

"Oh, bullshit. You called her a whore!" Maggie exclaimed.

"Well he kinda has a reason.." Glenn mumbled.

"What?!" Maggie and I screamed at the same time.

"Listen, if me and you broke up or whatever. I'd be pissed the hell off if you went off and had sex with my best friend." Glenn replied.

"Me and Daryl didn't have sex!" I yelled.

"Same thing," Glenn replied.

"No it's not!" Maggie exclaimed before smacking him in the head.

"Okay, fine. But still, that's a slap in the face to Rick when you almost had sex with Daryl. Especially when you heard he was dead!" Glenn explained.

"First of all, I was drunk. Your brain doesn't function right when you're wasted. Secondly, I didn't do anything except kiss him. Rick and I weren't and aren't even together, so it shouldn't matter if I go and have sex with Daryl tonight. I won't, but still." I fired back.

"Yeah." Maggie agreed.

"Are you listening to yourself right now?" Rick asked.

"Yeah, can you hear me?" I sassed.

"No, no, and no. Now it makes me wonder what you're going to do if I die!" Glenn exclaimed to Maggie.

I stood up before stomping outside.

I fished the truck keys out of my pocket before getting in the truck.

"Where are you going?" Tara asked before I shut the door.

"Somewhere. I need some air." I mumbled, starting the truck up.

"Running away from your problems?" She asked.

"No, I'm coming back. I just need out." I replied.

She nodded before running over to the gate and sliding it open for me.

-

I slowed the truck down, finding someone walking in the middle of the road.

I sped up beside them and slowed the truck down to their speed.

I held my pistol tight in my hand as I aimed it at the man who turned to look at me.

"I'm not going to hurt you." He mumbled as I stopped the truck.

"You live out here?" I asked.

"The last few weeks, yes." He replied.

I put the truck in park before getting out.

I screamed, the man pushing me against the truck before his knife cut my stomach.

His fist hit my eye, nearly knocking me out as I landed on the ground.

I quickly aimed my pistol at his head as he was about to climb into the truck.

I pulled the trigger, watching as he landed on the ground.

Stopping for him wasn't my brightest of moments.

I stood up, looking down at my ripped shirt with blood trickling down my abdomen.

I cursed, climbing into the truck.

I pulled my shirt off before pressing it to the cut.

It wasn't bad, but I needed to stop the bleeding.

I sped down the road back to Alexandria, trying to control the anxiety attack that was about to hit.

-

I slammed the truck door after sliding out, and walking toward the house.

"Sam! What happened?!" Maggie screamed as she ran off the porch.

"I stopped for some guy and he kinda attacked me." I mumbled, walking inside.

"Kinda? Your eye is black and you're bleeding!" She exclaimed.

"I'm fine." I replied, walking upstairs.

"What happened?" Rick asked.

"Nothin'." I replied, walking into the bathroom.

"Hey, I'm sorry about earlier. I hope you don't hate me," Glenn stated once I began bandaging my abdomen.

It wasn't deep enough to need stitches, but it hurt like a bitch.

"I don't hate you." I replied, pulling a clean shirt on.

"Yay!" He yelled.

I flinched, watching him run back out of the room.

"Work your shit out," Maggie ordered, closing the door and leaving me in the bedroom with Rick.

___________________

MY POWER IS FLICKERING AS WE SPEAK

ILY BYE