Chapter 79

-

"Okay, you stitched up her leg, you can leave." Tara told Rick who was lingering in the room.

"I wanna make sure she's okay," He replied.

"You've done enough." Michonne replied.

I continued to act as if I was asleep, hoping they'd just all leave the room.

I turned over on my side, getting pressure off of my thigh.

"I care about her. I messed up, I know. That isn't going to stop me from loving her, I'll always care about her." He stated.

"Then why do you hurt her? Why do you go off with other girls? How many kids have you even had with other women? You have a loyal person right there and you treat her like shit." Tara replied.

"I don't know what I feel about Destiny,  I get this weird feeling feeling in my stomach and my heart feels weird when I'm around her." He stated.

Funny, because I feel that way when I'm around him.

"You asshole." Tara groaned.

I opened my eyes, watching as they left the room.

-

"We gotta go!" Abraham ordered as more walls came down and walkers stumbled in.

"We can't leave them!" I exclaimed.

"They'll be alright, we gotta get out of here." He replied.

"I gotta get Carl and Judith!" I replied.

"They're with Rick, it's okay." He mumbled.

I looked around, realizing there was no way we could take them all on.

I stabbed the walker closest to us in the head before I got in the truck.

"Do you think they got out?" I asked, Abraham running over a walker as he sped out of Alexandria.

"Maybe." He replied.

-

"Stay here, I'll go make sure no ones in there." Abraham mumbled.

I closed the small picket fence behind us before following Abraham up onto the porch.

"Can't stay here." Abraham mumbled, walking right back out.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It's just not good." He replied.

"Oh." I mumbled, following him back to the truck.

"We can go back to Alexandria- see if anyone's around." I suggested.

"We need to lead the walkers away." He replied.

"What if we lead them right into our people? What if they're on foot and can't get away?" I asked.

"What if they're still in there and they're trapped?" He asked.

"Just do what you think is best." I mumbled, getting in the truck.

"I say lets go back, check and see if anyone's around." He replied.

"Let's do it." I replied, nodding.