Chapter 39

-

"I'm leaving." I stated, throwing stuff into a duffle bag.

"Why?" Tara asked.

"I'm not going to stay somewhere where people think I would hurt someone very close to me, intentionally." I replied.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"Anywhere but here." I answered.

"You always run away from your problems." She mumbled.

"Whatever." I mumbled, zipping the bag.

I took a few cans of food before finding Rick outside.

"Maybe us was a bad idea, maybe I'm not good enough, and maybe I do runaway from my problems- but it's how I deal with things. I've always been better off on my own, and it should've stayed that way a long time ago." I explained.

"You know I would never, ever do anything to hurt Carl. I'd die for him and you know it." I continued.

"You're runnin' away because we're in a fight?" He asked.

"No. I'm not even running away. I'm leaving." I replied.

-

It'd been approximately two days since I left Alexandria, and Tara and Rosita came after me the first day.

I sent them back after a lot of persuading, and I've been alone since then.

I climbed down the tree and stepped over the dead walker I killed last night.

Once I began walking back the way I came last night, a hand clasped over my mouth as I screamed.

I threw my foot back and hit whoever it was in the private area before breaking out of their hold.

"Rick! What are you doing?" I hissed, watching him drop to his knees from my kick to his nuts.

He slowly stood back up before leaning against the tree.

"You should've said 'Hey, I'm behind you. I'm not going to kidnap you.' You scared the crap out of me." I replied, taking a few steps toward him.

"Shit." He hissed, finally standing up straight.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"You to come back." He replied.

"Not happening." I replied.

"You can be pissed at me, you can yell at me, and you can break up with me, but you need to come back." He continued.

"No." I replied, walking away.

"Shit. Wait!" Rick hissed.

I heard leaves crunching and I turned around, Rick still following me.

"What will make you go back home and leave me alone?" I asked.

"If you come back with me." He replied.

"Rick, I'm leaving. I'm not coming back, and it's not anyone's fault, really. I just realized I'm better off on my own. I don't need people to survive. I don't need love to live." I replied.

"Just forget about everything I said, okay? Please, just come back. I need you more than you think." He replied.

"No you don't." I replied.

"You love me, I love you. You can't end this." He continued.

"You'll be okay without me. You'll be better without me, and so will everyone else. We have to end this, I'm not coming back. I don't love you, you don't love me." I lied, my heart aching at my own words.

"Where are you going?" He inquired, his voice quiet.

"Tennessee, maybe." I mumbled, bringing myself to look at him.

"On foot?" He asked.

"Until I find a car." I replied, taking a few steps back.

"Tell Judith and Carl I love them.." I stated.

"I will." He mumbled.

"Well, bye.." I replied.

"Bye." He replied, his eyes locked with mine.

I turned around and walked away, passing a walker that was just stumbling into the woods.

I blinked, hearing a gunshot come from behind me.

I turned my head, finding the walker on the ground and Rick was walking away.

I quickly wiped a fallen tear off my cheek and continued walking when all I wanted to do was run to him and apologize.

____________________

awe

next chapter will be a huge change in time, like a year ahead and will stay like that.

I hate dragging stuff out if u haven't noticed, and I'm sorry if you hate rushed books but it's like the only way I can write lol bc then I'll get bored with my book and won't want to write it anymore :/ BUT THAT IS NOT THE CASE BC NEXT CHAPTER IS GONNA BE PACKED AND TWISTED AND YAS

if I don't post again before Christmas, Merry Christmas!!

<3 I love y'allllllll