Chapter 105

THE ITALICIZED WORDS ARE FLASHBACKS

-

"I want you to go back. Aaron's gonna take you back and help keep an eye on things. You've done too much today, and you need to rest. Go find Denise and get her to check the baby." Rick ordered, walking with me toward the truck.

"Do you really think these people are going to let me and Aaron leave?" I asked.

"They can't see us over here." He replied.

I wanted to stay and fight, but I was extremely exhausted and I needed to take care of myself so my baby is alright.

"Be careful." I ordered.

"I will. We should be back before dark if everything works out." He replied.

I grabbed a walkie talkie out of my bag before handing it to him.

"Keep me updated if you can." I replied.

"I will." He stated, opening the truck door for me.

"I love you." I replied.

"I love you." He replied, shutting the truck door once I was in.

"Ready?" Aaron asked from the driver's seat.

"Yup." I mumbled.

I pondered on the idea of telling Rick about the sex of the baby, but I figured there was too much going on and he didn't need to be distracted.

-

"They should be back." I mumbled, pacing the floor.

"They'll be back." Carl replied, sitting down on the couch.

I pulled my ultrasound photo out of my back pocket before handing it to Carl.

"What am I looking at? It looks like a blob." Carl stated.

I sat down beside him before showing him the head and how he was in a fetal position.

"Looks like you're having a baby brother." I replied.

"Really?" He asked, a smile forming on his lips.

I nodded before standing back up and running to get the walkie talkie which was sitting on the kitchen counter.

"Sam," I heard Rick's voice as I grabbed the walkie talkie.

"Rick, are you okay?" I asked.

"We need Aaron to come back, there's four men and they have us in some kind of room. I think it's the left wing of the compound, and tell him to hurry." Rick ordered.

"Shit." I cursed, running out of the house and searching for Aaron.

-

"I'm not going to let you come." Aaron stated.

"Yes you are." I replied, putting two RPG's, two AK47's, and two pistols in the truck.

"No." Aaron replied, grabbing my arm.

"I'm going." I replied, pulling my arm out of his grip before opening the truck door.

I looked to Carl who was holding Judith before I handed him my walkie.

-

"Oh shit." I cursed, my eyes landing on the compound which was in flames.

"Come on, that's the right wing. They're in the left." Aaron replied.

We took off in a run to the left wing of the compound before I heard mine and Aaron's names being screamed out.

I looked on top of the roof, finding Rosita, Carol, Abraham, Sasha, Daryl, Michonne, and Adam.