Chapter 6

song for chapter: hello - adele

TRIGGER WARNINGS

-

"Thank God." I breathed, Hershel breathing again.

They were going through the prison when he got bit and Rick had to amputate is leg from the knee down.

He stopped breathing, Lori gave him CPR, and now he's breathing again.

-

I walked into the small grocery store, a walker already lunging at me.

I quickly stabbed it in the head with my knife before walking to where the carts were.

I looked at the list that everyone made for me before grabbing a cart.

"Okay, I'll get the girls' stuff, you get the boys'." I told Glenn.

-

"Let's get back. It's about to get dark." Glenn declared, helping me put the rest of the supplies in the trunk.

"Samantha?"

I spun around, thinking it was my head playing games with me again when I heard Shane's voice.

I blinked a few times, Shane in front of me.

I looked to Glenn, his eyes just as wide as mine.

"I be damn." Shane stated.

"You're not real, you're not real." I whispered, closing my eyes shut.

I was really losing my mind.

"Sam, he's there." Glenn stated, grabbing my arm.

I opened my eyes for a split second, Shane still in front of me.

I fell on my butt, putting my head in my hands.

"I'm going crazy." I whispered.

"Baby, I'm real. I found a group off the highway, they helped me." Shane explained, his hands gently grabbing my wrists and pulling my hands from my face.

"But you died in my arms." I replied.

"No, I passed out from the blood loss." He replied.

"I can't believe it." I replied.

"You better believe it. I'm here ain't I?" He asked, a goofy smile playing on his lips.

Tears pooled around my eyes as I realized that he was actually in front of me.

It's him.

-

"Are you coming back with us?" Glenn asked.

"No. I got my own group, now." Shane replied.

"But you have to come back and see all of us." I replied.

He shook his head 'no', awkwardly looking to the ground.

"The baby's coming any day now." I mumbled.

"I'm staying out of Rick and Lori's life. I screwed it up enough." He replied.