Chapter 9

-

"You're as good as new." Hershel stated, patting my knee.

"I don't feel it." I replied.

"Well, you probably won't for a good week." He replied.

"Why does this all keep happening to me? I always get hurt." I replied.

"I don't know, but in this world anything is more possible. Therefore, there's no laws or anything. We abide our own rules and that's it. No one is going to get through this world without getting hurt at least once." He replied.

I sighed, trying to raise up.

-

"We had to sneak through because Rick is at the watch tower." Glenn mumbled, closing the curtain to my cell after Shane walked in.

"They told me what happened." Shane stated, sitting down on the edge of my bed.

I nodded, looking down at my feet.

Glenn left the cell, closing the curtain behind him.

I took a deep breath, making myself raise up.

"I promise you I'll find the other guy." He replied.

"No. He's dangerous." I replied.

"Baby, you ought to know anyone who messes with you is going to hell as soon as possible." He replied.

I laughed, his hand moving to my knee.

"I wish you could stay here." I mumbled.

"But you know I can't. I'd love to have you with me at Woodbury, but I know you wouldn't leave this place." He replied.

"I know." I replied.

"You can always come stay with me any time you want." He replied.

I nodded.

"Well as much as I wanna stay here and look at your pretty face all day, I gotta head back to Woodbury. Phillip said he needed me for something today." Shane stated.

He stood up before pressing his lips to my forehead.

--

"There she is!" Hershel exclaimed, smiling as I slowly walked outside.

I smiled, stepping over the garden tools Rick and Hershel were using.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Found some squash, cucumber, and some other seeds today, so we're planting them." Hershel answered.

"Cool." I replied, watching as he pushed a seed into the rich dirt.

I looked over at Beth, Judith all smiles in her arms.

"Be careful, don't pull any stitches." Hershel stated, as I took Judith into my arms.

"It's fine, she's not that heavy." I replied, kissing her cheek.

"Come on, Beth. Let's get the rest of those seeds." Hershel mumbled, Rick helping him up.

"I saw Shane yesterday." Rick declared, Hershel and Beth walking toward the prison.

"You did?" I asked.

"He's different." He replied.