*101*

*previously in JOE*

I enjoyed meeting up with my parents, and we lounged around and talked for a while longer before we decided to head back to my flat to get Noah to bed. Joe and I relaxed together on the sofa.

Leaning my head on Joe's shoulder, he kissed the side of my head and rested his hand on my thigh.

My phone started ringing and I picked it up, looking at the caller-I.D.

"Joe?" I asked, showing him who was calling.

"Don't answer it."

"I have to," I shook my head.

"Baby," Joe said cautiously.

"I need to know why she's calling."

"Okay," Joe huffed, watching as I answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Minx? It's me, Nora..."

"I know," I snipped.

"I'm sorry. Can we talk?"

"What about? About how you tried to literally ruin my life?!"

"Minx, I need to apologise about all of that. I know I can't justify any of that, but I need someone to talk to right now," Nora cried into the phone.

"Well, I don't think you should've called me, I'm sorry-"

"Wait. I just need a small favour. Can you please watch Noelle for a few days? I know it's a big favour, and I know we're not on the best of terms, but I've gotten myself in some trouble that I need to take care of, and I have no one else to watch her."

"Nora..."

"Please, I'm begging you," She cried.

I looked to Joe, knowing he had heard everything. Joe shrugged his shoulders and nodded his head.

"Okay," I huffed.

"Oh my God! Thank you! Can I bring her over now? I have to catch a flight. I'm sorry! I'll explain once I get back!"

"Okay. Nora, are you in danger?" I asked cautiously.

"No, I don't think so," Nora breathed, "Eric and I just have to deal with some things."

"Um? Okay," I shook my head, "We're at my flat."

"Okay, thank you so much!" Nora breathed.

"Okay," I nodded.

We hung up and I filled in any information that Joe didn't catch.

"So we're watching Noelle for a few days, why?" Joe asked.

"I don't know. She seems kind of sketchy, but she said she's not in danger or anything, so maybe her and Eric just want to get away for a bit together and no one else to watch Noelle."

"Whatever," Joe shrugged, "How old is Noelle now?"

"Um, I don't know. Over a year for sure," I nodded.

"Okay," Joe nodded.

Joe got himself a bottle of beer and sat of the sofa as I paced the livingroom, waiting for Nora and Noelle. What felt like hours was only twenty minutes before Nora arrived.

"I'm so sorry. But thank you very, very much," Nora said, her eyes red and puffy.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked.