*140*

"I'm so nervous," I said as Joe drove us down to the doctors' office for the transfer appointment with Adelaide and Bill.

I was directed to take some shots beforehand, which Joe helped me with, and I've been taking prenatal vitamins, so I think I'm pretty much set. I know after this small procedure, I'll be on bed-rest for about 36 hours.

"You'll be fine, baby," Joe smiled, rubbing my thigh.

Since last week, Noah's birthday, Joe and I have been great and he's been balancing time between work and family awesomely, is that even a word, I don't know. I've also apologised profusely for accusing him of not paying the kids and I enough attention, as I was upset in the moment, but he keeps reminding me that it's fine and he doesn't think about it except when I bring it up.

"Your mum and James are going to be watching the kids, so they'll be perfectly fine, and I'll be taking care of you, so everything will be good," Joe assured me.

"I just hope the transfer works."

"Go in with a positive mind, of course it will work!" Joe smiled.

"Okay," I nodded, smiling.

We arrived at the doctors' office and Bill and Adelaide were just arriving as we pulled up.

"I'm so excited!" Adelaide squealed, giving me a hug.

I followed her and Bill inside, holding Joe's hand as he followed behind.

The nurse went through all the basics to make sure I was healthy, kind of like a mini, not so in-depth, physical. However, it was a bit awkward at first because Joe, Adelaide, and Bill were in the room. But the mini physical wasn't anything too personal or suggestive.

"Alright, and you have had a child, the pregnancy went fine, no complications?"

"Correct," I nodded.

"Okay, let's get started," She smiled, "Go ahead and sit here, put your legs up on these," She directed, putting up the leg-rests to prop my legs open, "And the doctor will only be a minute," She nodded, covering me with a blanket.

"This is so unreal!" Adelaide giggled excitedly.

Both Adelaide and Bill were extremely excited, and as much as it rubbed off on me and made me excited, it also increased the pressure for me.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Golls, as you know," He smiled to Adelaide and Bill, "You must be the surrogate family, nice to meet you," He smiled, shaking Joe's and I's hands.

"Okay, so here is the embryo and it'll be pretty much like a pap smear, but hopefully you'll be pregnant," He smiled bringing in the medical equipment.

"Okay," I nodded.

The transfer procedure didn't take too long, mostly just a bit uncomfortable, but easily tolerable. Dr. Golls explained what I need to do next to ensure the embryo takes, that I need to relax and take it easy for the couple of days, on bed-rest.

After the procedure, Joe drove us back home and I had to go lay down on the bed and I chose to watch movies and YouTube while I laid here.

"Are you alright?" Joe smiled.

"Yeah, bored, mainly because I feel fine, I just can't get up and do anything," I nodded.

"I'm sorry Minxie," Joe smiled, laying down next to me, "At least it gives me an excuse to relax too," He joked.

°

"Hi Mum! Yeah, I'm doing fine. No, the kids are at Minx's mum's house... Yeah, it went great, she's just on bed-rest now," I awoke to hear Joe, presumably on the phone with his mum.