*167*

"In my opinion, it looks as if you are almost six months pregnant," The doctor explained.

"That's impossible, how could we be so off?" I questioned.

"I don't know. But the babies are doing okay, just keep the movement to a minimum. Thankfully the bleeding has stopped and the little girl is still receiving nutrients through the placenta, not as much as before it was torn, but enough for her to be okay, by the looks of it," Dr. Lee said.

"Okay," I nodded.

Joe had gone home to take care of the kids, but said he would be back later.

I'm really nervous. If the pregnancy is further along than we thought could there be a possibility that I'm carrying Jack's kids? F.uck. 

I can't have Joe take a paternity test, he would kill me, and I don't think we would be able to move on from that. I only have one option, I have to have Jack come in to take a paternity test.

I grabbed my phone and unblocked Jack's number and started to text him, explaining everything that's happening. Before sending it, I decided I would text Joe first, seeing when he was going to come back to the hospital, to make sure they aren't here at the same time. 

"How are the kids?" I texted.

"Alright, your mum put them down for a nap, so they're fast asleep right now. When they wake up I'll have them take baths then I'll bring them over," Joe quickly replied.

"Okay, I love you, X."

Joe replied again, then I quickly sent Jack the text message, only to change my mind and thought I should've called him instead to explain everything.

"Minx? How are you?" Jack asked, confused, "I just got a text from you?"

"Yeah, I decided to tell you over the phone instead, sorry," I said.

"Okay, what's up?"

"Well, I'm pregnant," I said.

"Great, so you and Joe are good, yeah?"

"Yeah, but... I'm actually in the hospital right now because I'm having a few complications with the pregnancy, and I'm having twins."

"Twins?"

"Yeah, but the doctor says I'm a lot further along than we initially thought and I'm not sure if..." I implied.

"Oh. Oh s.hit, um, does Joe know?"

"Not that I'm calling you or that this is even a possibility. But I can't ask him to take a paternity test..."

"Okay, I can come in and take one, yeah? When?" Jack said.

"Oh my God! Thank you! Whenever, now would be great, but whenever you can," I said graciously.

"Yeah, I can come now. Give me a few minutes," Jack said.

I told him what hospital I was at and what room. It only took him a few minutes to get here and the doctor didn't even ask any questions, thankfully, and just took his blood and then some from my IV.

"We'll have to send these results to the lab. We can probably have the results tomorrow," The nurse smiled.

"Okay, thank you," I nodded.

"Thanks," Jack smiled.

"Jack, I'm sorry about all of this," I hummed.

"It's okay," He smiled, "Um, well, I'd better be going."

"Thank you very much for coming out here," I nodded.

"No problem, bye Minx," He smiled, gently squeezing my hand before leaving.

That was a lot less awkward than I thought it was going to be.

 I honestly though that he was going to be mad, but he pretty much seemed as if he didn't mind. 

I'm just praying that the test comes back negative.

  ° 

"Mummy!" Noelle squealed as they came into the room.

"Hi darlings, how are you both?" I asked the kids as they came in the room with Joe.

"Good, how are you?" Noah asked, coming to the side of the bed and leaning his head against my arm.

"I'll be okay, I'm just not allowed to move much," I laughed lightly.

"Are the babies okay?" 

"They'll be just fine, hopefully," I smiled.

"Okay," Noah nodded.

The kids talked about their day since we left, and how they had to explain the incident that occurred earlier today at school to my mum and she was livid.

"She calmed down, don't worry," Joe assured me.

"Okay," I smiled.

We chatted for a while longer before the kids plopped themselves down on the chairs by the side of my bed and played a game on Joe's phone together. 

"Are you feeling alright?" Joe asked me.

"Yeah," I nodded, sitting up a little bit to give him a kiss.

"Don't move baby," Joe smiled, only to continue giving me another small kiss.

"I'm sorry about all of this," I apologised.

"Minx, don't be sorry. You can't control this," Joe shook his head.

"F.uck," I moaned in pain as I had a sharp pain in my lower abdomen.

"Minxie?! Are you okay?!"

"Yeah, I just-" I hummed, feeling as if I was getting cramps.

The nurse quickly came in.

"Mrs. Sugg, can we have you lay back down, please? Your numbers went up and set off the machine," She said, moving to the bottom of the bed and propping my legs up.

Dr. Lee quickly came in as well and took it over from the nurse.

He announced some complicated medical lingo and the nurse ran back out.

The sharp pains were getting worse and felt almost like contractions.

"Okay, Mrs. Sugg, we're going to administer some medication to stop the contractions. Your body is trying to make you go into labour, but because the baby is responding alright with the torn placenta then we're going to try and stop it from happening," He explained.

"I'm going into labour?" I asked panicked.

"We're going to try and prevent that from happening," He nodded, "It's just very important that you do not push."

"Okay," I nodded.

"We need to stop this, give her more medication. If the baby girl tries to move down the birth canal, the placenta could tear more and her lungs could fill with blood. Worst case, we'll do an emergency C-section tonight," Dr. Lee said to the nurse.

"No, please," I said, crying.

"Baby, let them focus, you'll be okay," Joe nodded.

"She's bleeding again. We need to prep her for a C-section," Dr. Lee announced.

"Mummy, what's happening?!" Noelle asked, panicky.

"'Elle, it's okay. Mummy will be fine, play your game, okay?" Joe nodded.

"No, no, the babies won't survive if I have them now," I shook my head, crying.

"Mrs. Sugg, you've lost too much blood already. If we risk leaving it with just the medication, none of you will survive," He explained solemnly.

"Minx, you have to have the C-section," Joe nodded, holding my hand.

° 

a/n: thanks for reading, i really hope you are all enjoying here this is going. Also, i didn't think that this was going to be so predictable, some of you must think just like me haha! Love you all loads and thank you so much for reading! X