*192*

"Dr. Cornell, Mrs. Sugg is here for her daughter, you said you wanted to speak to anyone for Ava Sugg," The receptionist lady said.

"Hi Mrs. Sugg," Dr. Cornell said.

"I don't have time for this, where is my daughter, what happened to her?" I said angrily.

"Come in here with me, I'll explain what's going on and then we can go see her. It's very important I talk to you prior though," He said calmly.

"What the h.ell is going on?! Why are so many police here?! Please," I cried.

"Ma'am, it's very important that you stay calm, Ava has suffered some injuries and I want you to be prepared to go in there," Dr. Cornell explained.

There was a knock on the door and before Dr. Cornell could say anything, one of the police officers came in the room.

"Pardon me, I have a few questions to ask Mrs. Sugg," He said, his voice deeper than I expected.

"Sir, I have yet to see my daughter, please just let me see her," I pleaded.

"I understand, but it's very important that I get a few answers from you so we can continue our investigation. First of is what do you know about Ava's teacher, Mrs. Fleming?"

"Not much, as far as I know she's a good teacher. Sir, I have four kids, it gets a bit difficult to keep up with all their teachers constantly. What has this got to do with anything?"

"Ava hasn't expressed any dislike for her? Any behavioral issues?"

"No, now can I please see my daughter?" I said getting up and going towards the door.

"I'll lead the way," Dr. Cornell said.

He warned me again about seeing Ava and remaining calm.

"Ava, baby!" I said quietly as I rushed to her bed.

"Mummy?" Ava whimpered, "Mummy, I'm sorry."

"Shh, whatever happened doesn't mean you deserved this," I cried softly.

Ava's face was bruised, an eye almost swollen shut, and her arm was wrapped up.

"What happened baby?"

"Mrs. Fleming said I had been bad and said I needed punishing. Mummy, I want to go home," She cried.

"Baby, Mummy's gonna make sure this never happens again," I whispered, kissing the top of her head very gently.

I wanted to break down, I want to scream and cry and punish this Mrs. Fleming for ever touching my child like this. Ava, a young seven year old, at school. I don't care what Ava did, under no circumstances does she, or any other child, deserve this. I held myself together for Ava. I want to be strong for her.

My phone kept buzzing in my pocket ever since I got into Ava's room. It has to be Joe.

"Minx! Finally! How is she?!" Joe asked hurriedly as I picked up.

"Give me a second," I said to Joe.

"Baby, Mummy's going to step into the hallway to speak to Daddy, just say if you need me, I'll be right here, okay?" I said to Ava.

She nodded and I stepped right out of her room into the hallway.

"Mrs. Fleming... Ava's teacher beat her up. I don't know why, I just- I don't know," I said, breaking down crying, "Joe, her face. She's been beaten, our baby."

"Minxie, you need to stay calm. You have to for Ava. I'm almost back. Zoe's going to drop me off with you and she'll go get the kids from school and watch them," Joe explained, "We'll take care of all of this, don't worry."

I mumbled an agreement and was about to hang up before something clicked in my head.

Fleming.

"Wait-" I said, "Fleming... No, it can't be. Joe, it's can't be!" I cried.

"Baby, talk to me, what's Fleming? Who's Fleming?"

"Rory Fleming... Mrs. Fleming. They're married," I cried.

"F.ucking h.ell!" Joe yelled in anger through the phone, "I'm pulling up now."

I hung up and ran to the police office that had spoken to me earlier.

"Fleming. I know why. I know who it is!" I said.

We went into Ava's room, she was asleep, so we sat and talked.

"Mrs. Fleming. Her husband, what's his name?" I asked.

"I don't have that at this moment."

"It's Rory. Rory Fleming. It has to be."

"Minxie?!" Joe said as he came in, "Ava," he gasped as his eyes went across the room and he saw our baby.

"Daddy," Ava smiled softly, waking up.

Joe went over to her and gave her a gentle hug.

"How are you feeling, my angel?" Joe said quietly, running his fingers through Ava's hair.

"My face hurts," Ava whimpered.

"You'll be okay, you still look so beautiful!" Joe smiled, giving her a kiss on the top of her head, "Mummy and I are going to talk to the doctors a little bit more, is that okay darling?"

Ava nodded her head and closed her eyes while Joe and I left the room and went out in the hallway to talk with the doctors and the police a bit more to get more of an understanding of what's going on.

"Have you figured out her husband's name?" I asked the police officer I spoke to earlier.

"Mr. and Mrs. Sugg, can I have you come and sit with me in here?" He asked, motioning to the room they had me in earlier.

Joe and I followed and had a seat.

"The Fleming's, how do you know them?" He asked.

"Well, Mrs. Fleming is obviously Ava's school teacher. Is she married to a Rory?" I asked worriedly.

"Yes, what can you tell me about Rory Fleming?" He nodded.

"F.ucking h.ell," I cried, holding my head in my hands, "When will we catch a f.ucking break?!"

"Minxie," Joe hummed quietly.

"I can't f.ucking believe it. How many years later and he can't leave us alone?!" I cried.

"Mrs. Sugg, it's really important that we learn how you know them and the relationship so we can move forward in this case," The police officer said.

"Rory, well he's always been trouble with us. He's attempted to r.ape Minx in the past, stalked us, we had a peeping tom incident, the list goes on," Joe explained, "Every time we have involved the police. It's been going on for ages now and the fact that no matter what we do he always finds a way to come back and torment us, is getting beyond a joke."

"Okay," He nodded, scribbling things down in his notebook.

"If you just look on your records, you'll see everything! You have to help us, please. It's affecting my children now," I sobbed.

"Ma'am, please calm down, we will do everything in our power to end this for you, but for this to be taken care of we really need you in a good mental state. Your children do too," He smiled weakly.

"He's right baby," Joe said, holding my hand and gently stroking his thumb along it.

I took a deep breath and tried to relax. Wiping my tears from my eyes, my fear quickly became anger. A passion of anger that requires me to protect my children. Torment Joe and I? Okay, fine, we'll handle it. But mess with my children? F.uck no. Nobody can, let alone f.ucking Rory Fleming. I was going to make it my life mission to see him put behind bars for the rest of his pathetic existence. 

Nobody messes with my family.