*153*

"Mummy! Come on!" Noelle squealed.

"I'm coming," I laughed.

We were going to the bakery to pick up Noelle's birthday cake for her party this afternoon. Joe is having his friends over, like Caspar, Oli, Josh, and the rest of the gang. Obviously Zoe and Alfie are coming as well as my mum and James. Then some of Noelle's friends from school, her best friend Penelope and a few other girls and boys from her class. Adelaide and Bill are also coming and bringing Opal. I think it'll be fun and Noelle will be happy.

"Chocolate!" She cheered.

"You want a chocolate cake?" Joe asked.

"Yes!" She nodded excitedly.

We buckled up the kids in the car and Joe drove us to the bakery. 

"Mummy!" Noah whined.

He had woken up in a bit of a grumpy mood this morning, and with Noelle being so excited and energetic, I think he's getting a bit annoyed.

"It's okay Noah, you're okay," I hummed, turning around in my seat to look at him.

He just started crying and throwing a small tantrum. 

"Noah, you're fine. We're almost there," Joe said as he drove.

"Noah shush!" Noelle shook her head.

"Stop!" He cried, yelling to Noelle.

"Mummy!" Noelle tattled.

"'Elle, give him a break, he's tired," Joe said.

"Are you sure you want another kid?" I laughed quietly to Joe.

"Shush," Joe laughed.

We pulled up to the bakery and Noah got out of the car and I held him on my lap in the front seat while he stopped crying.

"Why don't you two go inside and get the cake and I'll stay here with Noah?" I suggested to Joe.

He nodded and went inside with Noelle.

"Why are you upset, baby?" I asked Noah as he calmed down a bit.

Noah mumbled and shrugged his shoulders.

"Are you feeling okay?" 

"Yeah," He nodded, cuddling into my chest.

"Aw, it's okay," I hummed, "You've grown up so fast, I can't believe it."

Noah has been a bit different growing up in general. He's a lot like Joe except in the way that he doesn't really like being around a lot of people, or people in general. He's very much an introvert and he gets flustered really quickly. Joe and I have been contemplating home-schooling him because he isn't doing too well in school and comes home upset a lot of the time. 

"I don't want Noelle to have a party," Noah mumbled.

"I know, baby. You can just play for a bit, yeah?" I motivated him. 

Noah nodded and then Joe and Noelle came out of the bakery. 

"Okay, go get buckled up," I smiled, as Noah went and got back in his seat. 

"Mummy, look!" Noelle squealed as Joe held the cake in the box.

"Wow, it's really pretty, huh?" I smiled, as Joe handed me the box to hold as he drove us home.

For the rest of the morning, Noelle was really excited, wanting to help prepare for her party.

"Mummy, can I please help!" She pleaded.