*175*

"Mummy! Daddy!" Noelle and Noah squealed, running towards us and giving us both hugs.

"My babies!" I smiled, tears pricking my eyes, from happiness of course.

"Are you okay?" Joe asked them.

"Yeah," They nodded.

"So they weren't hurt or anything, they just went to one of Jack's friend's house, where they just spent the afternoon playing with his friend's puppies. So, just like we thought it was just to cause chaos and worry."

"Did he say why he even took them?" I asked.

"He wanted the potential to be a father. He said that ever since he took the paternity test, he has wanted to be a father, and he knew this is the only way he would have been able to 'test it out,'" She explained.

"F.uck," I shook my head.

The officers spoke to Joe and I a bit more, discussing what is to happen next. The kids fell asleep on the chairs next to the table. It was almost nine o'clock in the evening before we left the station. Joe and I carried the kids to the car and buckled them up before stopping by my mum and James' house and picking up Ozzy and Ava. 

"Are they okay?" My mum asked quietly, looking at them asleep in their car seats.

"Yeah, I think so, they're just shattered," I nodded.

Joe finished buckling up Ava and we said thank you and goodbye to my mum and James.

"Thank you so much for watching them for us," I said again, giving them each a hug.

"Darling don't worry about it," My mum smiled, "Now just get home and get a good night sleep."

We all got in the car and headed home. 

Joe and I took care in getting the kids ready for bed and properly made sure that they were fast asleep before leaving them. I fed Ava and Ozzy again and Joe burped and changed them before we put them to bed as well.

"Baby, I'm sorry for the way I behaved earlier," Joe apologised sheepishly.

"Joe, don't worry. We were both stressed, and had a good reason to be, you're fine," I smiled, giving him a small kiss as he pulled me in for a hug.

"Okay," Joe hummed, "I'm just so relieved that they're safe."

"Me too," I nodded, giving him another kiss before changing into my pyjamas, "But I am exhausted."

"I am too, we've had a long day," Joe said, stripping into his underwear, leaving his dirty clothes on the floor.

"Joe," I whined, implying for him to pick up his clothes and putting it in the laundry basket.

"I'll do it in the morning, cuddle with me," He hummed, moving the blanket so I could lay down next to him.

I went and checked on the kids one last time before getting into bed next to Joe and falling asleep.

°  

The next morning, I woke up first and got up to check on the kids again, all of whom were asleep except Ava. I picked her up from her cot and carried her through with me to the living room before sitting on the sofa and feeding her.

After feeding her, I laid her in the cradle and went to start breakfast for everyone once they woke up. Thankfully it was the weekend, so Noelle and Noah didn't have to worry about going to school. 

I made everyone a proper breakfast and before I had even finished making it, everyone had woken up.

"Mummy, can I carry Ozzy through here?" Noelle asked, "He's crying."

"Okay, but be very careful," I said cautiously.

"I will," She smiled, running into the boys' room.

"Whoa! Be careful darling," Joe mumbled, waking up and walking out of our room to see Noelle carrying Ozzy.

"Mummy said I could!" Noelle smiled.

"Okay, just be careful, yeah?" Joe rasped.

Noelle went and laid Ozzy on a blanket on the ground in the living room and played with him, while Noah entertained Ava. 

"Good morning Minxie," Joe hummed, wrapping his arms around my waist as I made breakfast.

"G'morning," I said, focused on cooking.

"Can I have a kiss?" Joe asked, placing his hands on my hips.

I turned around and gave him a kiss.

"I love your morning voice," I smiled.

"What?" Joe laughed.

"You're 'morning voice', it's raspier and it's cute," I hummed, giving him another kiss before finishing up breakfast and putting everything on plates for the kids.

"You're such a weirdo," Joe laughed lightly.

"Whatever," I smiled, "'Elle, Noah, breakfast is ready, come sit down."

I put their plates on the table and Noelle and Noah came and started eating while Joe served up plates for him and I. I laid Ozzy in the other cradle next to Ava and they played with some toys while we all ate. Joe then cleaned up everything and I fed Ozzy next.

"What should we do today?" Joe asked, doing the dishes.

"I don't know, I'm still tired," I shrugged.

"I know, I'm sorry baby," Joe hummed.

"Can we go out for ice cream later?" Noelle asked quietly.

"I don't see why not, that'll be fun," Joe shrugged, looking at me.

I nodded in agreement.

After a while, we relaxed and then the kids got cleaned and dressed for the day. Joe offered to do the grocery and errand shopping for me, so I could stay home and relax. So he took Noelle and Noah with him as he got the groceries and whatever else we need and I stayed at home with Ozzy and Ava. I laid them on my bed with me and I went on the laptop for a while while they slept next to me.

I worked on editing Joe's video that he filmed yesterday, something that over time Joe has taught me and I've picked up on. I actually like editing his videos and it helps him get them up sooner because he always procrastinates when it comes to editing.

It was relaxing to just be able to focus on editing while Ozzy and Ava slept next to me. 

Ozzy and Ava are both really peaceful babies. At first, like all newborns, they cried a lot, but even still, they've always been pretty peaceful. I'm enjoying being able to have them at home and be with them all of the time rather than only being able to be with them at the hospital. Joe and I are literally so lucky to be able to have them and for them to be so healthy.

Not to mention how much Noelle and Noah have grown up and become such small independent people. It's ridiculous how fast they grow up. 

And despite everything that has happened, I think we've all had an easy life and we've been really lucky. Like I understand we've also been through a lot of s.hit, but all in all, we have each other, friends, and family, so I'd say we're pretty lucky.

Anyway, Joe soon returned from the shops and I helped unpack everything and put it in its rightful place. Noelle and Noah instantly went and played on their iPads and Joe helped me with the twins, as they woke up and are being fussy. Ironic, because I was just saying how peaceful they are. 

The rest of the day was very relaxing and we ended up going out for ice cream, but other than that we relaxed at home.

° 

a/n: hi! hope you are all enjoying it, sorry the last part of this chapter is just a filler part, but if you have any suggestions for this story then let me know, i'm having a minor writers block, but will update soon anyway! love you all loads!! Thanks for reading!! X