*138*

"So is Sydney able to babysit again?" I asked Joe, looking through the closet to choose a dress for this evening.

"Yeah," Joe nodded, texting on his phone.

"I just thought. How are you going to explain to your viewers why I'll be pregnant?"

"I'll just tell the truth and explain it," He shrugged, still on his phone.

I continued looking through the closet, I ended up deciding on a crop top, a high waisted bodycon skirt, and a jacket.

I laid it on the bed and went to check on the kids, who were playing again.

"Hey darlings," I smiled.

"Mama!"

"Mummy!"

"Can I play for a few minutes?" I smiled.

Noelle nodded, handing me a toy and continuing to play.

"No," Noah whined as Noelle's took one of his toys.

Noelle gave it back to him and grabbed another toy.

"Mama," Noah said, crawling to sit on my lap.

He continued playing as Noelle also played alongside.

After a while, I moved them and a few of their toys into Joe's and I's room on the bed, so I can keep an eye on them while I get ready.

"Joe, what are you doing on your phone that's so d.amn important?" I laughed lightly.

"Nothing, sorry baby," He smiled, locking his phone and putting it on the dresser.

"Okay," I laughed, nodding.

I went into the bathroom and started doing my hair and make-up for this evening. After finally finishing, Joe took the kids to the livingroom to get them a snack. I put on my outfit for tonight and decided I didn't really like it so I changed into a different black dress.

"Hi, come on in. The kids are in our room, I'll go ahead and bring them through," Joe said as Sydney arrived.

"Syd-ney!" Noelle squealed, toddling to Sydney.

"Hey darling!" Sydney smiled, picking her up.

Noah went toddling through, just to follow Joe, who has his toys.

"Dada!" Noah whined, reaching for his toys.

"Sorry," Joe apologised, putting the toys down, "Ready to go Minxie?"

"Yeah," I nodded, grabbing my bag.

Joe and I each gave the kids a small hug and kiss before we headed out to the car and drove to the restaurant to meet up with Adelaide and Bill.

"Are you alright?" Joe asked as he focused on the road.

"Yeah, I'm a bit nervous to be honest," I confessed, "I'm not having doubts about this whole surrogacy situation, I'm just excited and nervous for it."

"That's perfectly fine, baby," Joe smiled, "I am still so proud of you."

"I was reading online and the main reason a lot of women decided to not be surrogates is because they didn't have the support of their spouse because the spouse didn't like the idea of the woman carrying another person's baby."

"I can imagine that. But I think it's a good thing to do because you're helping someone who wouldn't be able to have children otherwise, except for adoption, that is," Joe nodded.

"As long as you are okay and happy with it, I am too," I smiled.

"Of course, I wouldn't lie to you," Joe hummed.

"Okay," I smiled.

We pulled up to the restaurant and went inside and Adelaide and Bill were already there. As we were guided to go sit with them, Joe held my hand and gave it a small reassuring squeeze.

"Hello!" I smiled, sitting down.

"Hi, how are you?" Adelaide grinned.

"We're great," I smiled, still holding Joe's hand as we were seated now.

We chatted for a while, before we ordered our food.

"So, do you still agree with being our surrogate?" Adelaide asked me nervously.

"Of course!" I nodded.

"Okay, well Bill and I have discussed it with our doctor and wondering if we can start the whole process in a couple of weeks, or we can push it off for another few weeks if you want. The doctor has an appointment in a fortnight or in a month from now," Adelaide explained excitedly.

"A couple of weeks is fine," I nodded, "After Noah's birthday."

"I'm so excited," Adelaide grinned excitedly.

Bill and Joe hit it off, talking about sports and then video games.

Adelaide chatted on about the whole process of surrogacy. Turns out, it's what's called a gestational surrogacy, so the doctors' take an egg from Adelaide and fertilise it with Bill's sperm, and then because Adelaide cervix is not able to carry child, the embryo is transferred to me and then I carry the baby to term.

"Sounds complicated, but okay," Joe laughed lightly.

"Good thing you're not the one carrying the baby then," I giggled, gently nudging Joe playfully.

"Too true," He laughed.

We all talked for a bit longer and Bill gave us the information for the appointment in two weeks and they explained the process a bit more, after we ate, we stayed there and had another drink before saying good-bye and driving home.

"So, I didn't know that, but the baby isn't even genetically yours, you're just carrying the child for them," Joe said, "You're pretty much an incubator!"

"P.iss off!" I laughed.

Arriving back home, we went inside and Sydney was on the sofa, looking on her phone.

"Hi," She smiled, getting up and putting her phone away.

"Hiya, how were they?" I asked, referring to the kids.

"Really well. Angels as usual," She smiled.

"Okay thanks, well, Joe will be able to give you a ride home in a minute if you'd like," I smiled.

"Oh, no, it's okay. My boyfriend's on his way over to pick me up," Sydney nodded.

"Oh, alright, no problem. Make yourself comfortable," I smiled, "I really need to take these f.ucking heels off," I laughed.

"I know the feeling," She laughed.

"Sorry for being nosy, but how long have you and your boyfriend been together?" I asked.

"No worries, and just about a year now. We actually moved in together last weekend," Sydney explained.

"Aw, that's so fun. When Joe and I finally moved in together, it wasn't until after Noah was born because I was locked in on my old apartment's contract. But before that, we were practically always together, either spending the night at his and his roommate, Caspar's, flat, or at mine," I explained.

"Yeah, my mum never let me have any boys over to her house, so we would hang out at his parents' house a lot until we just decided to move out together and rent our own flat," She explained, "Oh, he just texted me saying he's here, so thank you again," Sydney smiled, getting her bag.

"No, thank you!" I laughed, "Oh! Here's your money, thank you again!" I smiled as she left.

Joe had checked on the kids while Sydney and I were chatting and said they were both fast asleep, so we changed into our pyjamas, and came back into the kitchen and had a small snack and drink before going into our room and watching a film on Joe's laptop. Joe ended up falling asleep in the middle of it, but I made it the whole movie through, then having the job to turn off the laptop and putting it away before going to sleep.

°

a/n: helllooo! thank you so much for reading and commenting, you are all literally angels! hope you are all enjoying this as much as i'm enjoying writing it. thanks again and love you all loads. X.