*152*

"Good morning Minx," Jack smiled, getting out of bed and going into the bathroom.

"Morning," I smiled.

"Last night was amazing," Jack said from the bathroom.

"Mhm," I nodded.

"But that's the last time I guess," Jack huffed dramatically.

"Jack," I whined.

"I'm just messing around. It's okay," He smiled, coming back into the room.

After a bit, Jack took me back home.

"It was fun while it lasted," Jack smiled.

"Mhm, thank you for all of this, and I'm sorry," I shook my head.

"Don't be, you just have other priorities, I'll always be here if you need me," Jack smiled as I got out of the car.

"Thank you," I smiled.

I felt a weight lift off my shoulders as I walked inside and left Jack. Yeah, it was a nice hook-up, but I'm mad that I let myself start getting feelings for him, so now I'm glad that I ended it, and he's all done with, and Joe won't have to know.

"Thank you so much for watching the kids again," I thanked Sydney as I got inside.

"Oh, no problem," She smiled, "I just can't believe how grown up and independent they are now," She laughed.

"I know it's crazy, they've grown up in the blink of an eye."

I paid Sydney and she left.

For the next couple of days, I was continuously texting and calling Joe throughout the day and taking care of the kids.

Noah just turned six a few months ago and Noelle will be turning seven next week, so she's excited for that and we plan on throwing her a small birthday party with some of her friends from school. Adelaide and I are still really close friends, although we had drifted apart more recently because I was spending all of my free time with Jack, unfortunately, but it is what it is. The surrogacy process went really well and Bill and Adelaide named their little daughter, Opal, who is now four.

"Minxie, are you still there?" Joe hummed, "Or have you drifted to sleep?"

"I'm still here, barely," I mumbled.

We are talking on the phone, the kids have been in bed for a few hours now and Joe and I were just talking about Noelle's birthday and life in general.

"I'll let you get to sleep, I'll be home tomorrow morning," Joe said quietly, "I love you, baby."

"I love you too and I can't wait to see you," I smiled into the phone.

"Me too, goodnight," Joe said before hanging up the phone.

I almost instantly fell asleep.

"Mummy! Daddy's home!" Noelle screeched, running into my room excitedly, waking me up.

"Hi love," Joe smiled, putting his bags down as Noelle and Noah jumped and squealed for his attention.

"Joe," I smiled, getting up and giving him a kiss.

"Dad! Daddy!" Noah yelled, hugging Joe.

"Hey Noah, how have you been for Mum? Good?" Joe smiled.

"Yeah!" Noah nodded.

Noelle sat on the bed with me and cuddled up with me.

"Joe, our babies are becoming little adults," I huffed.