*190*

"Joe," I nudged him quietly, "I'm taking the kids to school, I'll get us some breakfast on the way home."

"Okay," Joe nodded, puckering his lips for me to give him a kiss before he went back to sleep.

I loaded the kids into the car and drove them to school.

"Have a good day, darlings, I love you," I said as they each gave me a kiss before climbing out of the car.

I pulled out of the parking lot and drove to the cafe where I plan on getting Joe and I's breakfast.

This is my chance.

If I'm going to call Jack, this is when I should do it. 

I parked up at the cafe and pulled out my phone.

My finger hovered over the call button on the screen.

How curious am I really? Is this worth it? My head is spinning as I think about what I will gain from this versus what I may lose. I try and be rational with myself, but I just keep getting a clouded mind that wonders why he needed to contact me. Also, how did he find Joe's number? Why after seven years?

Before I give myself to think about it again, I press the screen and put the speaker on my phone. I take a deep breath and slowly let it out at the phone rings and rings.

As I'm about to hang up, Jack answers the phone.

"Hello?" He mumbles as if I've just woken him up.

I can't work up the courage to say anything yet.

"Hello?" He repeats again.

"Uhm, hi Jack," I say quietly.

"Hi? Can I ask who's calling?"

"It's m-me, Minx," I stutter.

"Minx? Minx Sugg? Well I'll be damned. I've been trying to get in contact with you for ages now," He said excitedly.

"Yeah, so I've heard," I hum, "How did you get Joe's number?"

"From people I know that are mutual  friends with mutual friends and so on and so forth," Jack explained.

"Why?" 

"I need to explain myself, can we meet up and talk? You can come over? Or we can meet somewhere?" Jack asked.

"Jack, I don't know. I'm not even supposed to be calling you. Joe knows about everything that happened between us and I promised him I wasn't going to call you but curiosity got the best of me."

"Minx, I'm sorry. I don't want to cause trouble, but I really need to talk to you, I have to get this off my chest."

"What is it?" I asked him again.

"I don't want to say over the phone. Come over to my place, I'll text you the address. Trust me," Jack said.

"I can't right now. I'm getting breakfast for Joe and I. Just text me and we can figure this out."

"Thank you Minx," Jack said happily.

"Yeah, okay. I'll talk to you later. Bye," I said quickly before hanging up.

Despite the cool weather outside, I had broken a small sweat from nerves and stress. I grabbed a napkin and patted my forehead before getting out of the car and going into the cafe. 

I got Joe and I breakfast before driving back home.

"Joe, here you are," I said softly, waking him up and handing him his breakfast that I'd put on a plate for him.