*132*

"Thanks for watching the kids again," I thanked Sydney as Joe and I got ready to leave.

"No problem!" She smiled.

"Sydney, play!" Noelle cheered, holding Sydney's hand.

"Alright, we'd better get going. See you later," Joe nodded, grabbing the keys and his phone as we left, locking the door on the way out.

"I like that dress," Joe said quietly.

"Joe," I blushed as he reached behind me a pinched my bum before we got to the Uber.

As we eventually arrived at the club we are meeting Caspar and Oli at, they were already here and stood outside waiting for us.

"Hi!" Caspar greeted, pulling me in for a hug.

"Hi Casp!" I smiled.

We all went inside together and Joe got us all some drinks.

"Thank you," I smiled, sipping on my drink.

"Come on!" Joe laughed, pulling me along into the mass of bodies dancing.

After a few more drinks, I was totally consumed by the alcohol and music and let my body move to the beat as I danced with Joe.

"Let's do a shot," I smiled, pulling Joe to the bar with me.

Joe ordered us a round of vodka and we both quickly downed it, the rough taste burning against my throat.

"S.hit," I laughed after I swallowed it.

"That was a good one," Joe slurred, "Listen, once when I took too many shots, I threw up and then afterwards I felt a bit better, but then I had to go back to my hotel room and I got lost..."

"What are you going on about?" I laughed.

"Wait, listen, and when I went to the front desk, I had to give them my room key to tell me which room to go to."

"Joe!" I laughed, "You're so drunk!"

"Listen, I think when Noah gets older he'll probably be a policeman, just riding around in a small police car and arresting people."

"What?" I laughed, taking another shot while Joe continued talking.

Joe got us an Uber back to the flat.

"You're the best Uber driver I've ever had. Listen, you keep doing this, yeah? You're saving lives, ya know? Driving drunk people so they don't drive drunk, you're amazing," Joe rambled on.

The guy just laughed at Joe as he got out of the car.

"F.uck, where are the house keys?" Joe mumbled.

"In your pocket," I laughed, grabbing them from his pocket.

"Hi!" Joe smiled as we got inside the flat.

"Hello," Sydney smiled.

"Hi, ignore Joe, he's drunk," I laughed.

"Okay," She laughed, holding Noah as he slept in her arms.

"Here, I'll put him in his cot, then I'll get you an Uber home," I nodded, taking off my heels.

"I'll put him down, no worries," She smiled.

I gave her some money for babysitting and then she left. Joe opened the fridge and got out some booze.

"Joe, you're gonna be sick," I stammered.

"No, come on. One more, then we'll relax."

I gave in and Joe poured us each another shot and we took it before we made our way to the bedroom and collapsed on the bed, both of us drunk and now extremely tired.