| Ch. 3 |

Emilee's POV
Mid Afternoon

My shift is about to end considering it New Year's Eve and everyone is going home to their families.. Everyone except for me. I picked up my phone and dialed my mom's phone number.

Please leave a message at the tone...

"Happy New Years Eve mom.." I whispered as I hung up the phone. I just decided to shake it off, go home and get ready for tonight.

~skipping the getting ready part~

I didn't want to get all fancy but I needed to look decent. I wore a nice black long sleeved shirt with a burgundy infinity scarf, high waisted jeans and nude booties. My hair was already curly, so I just decided to straighten it and light make-up. Eyeliner and mascara. That's all.

I got in my car and set the cupcakes from the bakery in the passenger seat. I headed down the street considering she lived only a few minutes away and was thankful I could even get a parking. I grabbed the big ass box of 60 mini cupcakes and knocked on the door to see Pattie opening it.

"Oh my gosh hello! You didn't have to bring anything sweetheart. Come in, come in." She said setting the cupcakes in the center for everyone to grab.

"Would you like me to grab you some food, a drink? Non alcoholic obviously lol." She said laughing.

"No thanks Pattie, thank you. I'll just head towards the back." I said.

"Are you okay sweetie? The party is inside until another hour?" She asked politely.

"I'm fine, thanks again. I just need some fresh air. It feels too crowded in here." I said and headed towards the back when I sat on chair drinking my hot chocolate that I brought.

There were a few people out here. It was a big backyard. Some in the pool. Others drinking on the side. And then there's me all by myself which I didn't mind.

"Emilee?" I heard someone call my name.

"Well isn't it the one and only." I said looking up at Justin and looking back down.

"What are you doing back here all by yourself? And why didn't you text me lol?"  Justin asked concerned and jokingly.

"I prefer to enjoy the scenery of outside honestly and here check my phone. I have your number in my contact and I threw away the paper in case someone found it. Wouldn't want that to happen." I said laughing.

Justin sat in the chair next to me and said,"That still doesn't answer my question. Why didn't you text me?"

"Oh gosh probably because I didn't want to. Why do you want me to text you so bad!" I said laughing at his face.

"C'mon I need a friend  and you seem to fit the perfect friend." Justin said with puppy eyes which didn't work on me.

"You seem to know me so well, what if I am crazy fan and I just want all your money. I plan to destroy you and your career." I joked.

"You see I know you aren't because if you were you wouldn't tell me that, but damn you really won't budge." Justin said.

"I told you, hard as a rock." I said to Justin.

"I don't mean to make this sound rude but do you have any friends, best friends, boyfriend?" He said as he regretted it.

"It's all good, I have a friend but she lives far and we don't talk much. No boyfriend and just got in a fight with a good friend." I said with a smile so he wouldn't think I'm upset. Which I'm not its just I don't wanna start thinking about it and then get upset.

"I'm so–." Justin said but I interrupted him.

"Don't be, look Justin you're really sweet—." I started before he interrupted me.

"Really sweet friend." He said winking.

"FINE, we can be friends. We are friends, just stop bugging me." I said laughing as I finally gave in.

"Never." He said laughing as we gazed at the stars for a moment.

Justin's POV

Finally she gave in. It's not like I'm trying to get her to be my girlfriend. I honestly just need a friend right now. By the looks of it she's trustworthy. She's funny, and energetic I suppose.

"Well it's New Years somewhere on this world. I'm gonna go.." She said standing up which made me stand up.

"Why so early?! It's literally almost midnight." I said excited.

"Why? To sit here and watch everyone scream New Year, New Me? Scream their resolutions for the year and for their last kiss of 2015, and first kiss of 2016. Nahh im fine." I noted as I was about to head inside and Justin made me turn around.

"What's so bad about that? Please stay just for a few more moments please. Until midnight please. I'll be your last kiss of 2015, and first kiss of 2016, as a friend. On the cheek." I said.

"Justin if it's one thing that I do know about you is that you do have a girlfriend. You don't have to keep saying friend friend friend. I don't mind but I don't want to get in between your relationship.." She said innocently.

" Its New Year's Eve and we're just being good friends." I said and she nodded noting she'd stay.

Now I thought I'd be her last kiss of 2015 and she's be my first kiss of 2016.

I kissed her cheek while she looked at me and I said," Your very last kiss of 2015."

3..2..1.. Happy New Years!

She smiled and kiss my cheek.

"Your first kiss of 2016, Happy New Year's Justin and goodnight." She said and she left my moms place and suppose she headed home.

My phone buzzed and I saw a new topic on Twitter.

Why is Selena not with Justin for New Years and why did Selena spend it with her friends? Here are some pictures.

I clicked the. To see her with Taylor and some guys. I brushed it off knowing I was a slight pissed and just decided to go to sleep.

I changed my clothes and texted Emilee.

Justin: Goodnight..friend lmao

Emilee: How'd you get my number?! Whatever lol goodnight Bieber.

And with that I went to sleep laughing at how I slipped her number into my phone earlier when she showed me my contact in her phone.