| Ch. 8 |

Justin's POV

I heard a car pull up and I obviously thought it was Emilee, but it could have been. It was only 11:30am and she went into work about an hour ago. I was gonna go downstairs, go outside and check, but it was pointless. Maybe it was her parents and they came back early. I decided to just brush it off.

I was sitting outside on my balcony just thinking about everything. If I should take in Em's advice or not. She had a really good point it was just hard. Selena's suppose to be the one. The one who was there for me through it all. Or at least I thought she was.

Ugh I started getting frustrated because I doubted her. If I have that much doubt in her then what was I doing..

I jumped up a little scared when I heard a loud noise and yelp come from Em's room. I looked up at her window to see her in her room and I questioned why. She should be at work? She looked frustrated. Her hands were on her head and she just looked fed up.

I walked downstairs and went to her house and walked inside. I quickly went to her room and saw her jump when I opened the door.

"Wha-what the hell?" Em said looking like she'd seen a ghost.

"Umm aren't you suppose to be at work?" I said walking up to her by the window.

"Well hello too." She said trying to avoid the question.

"Why aren't you at work?" I said again but a tad more serious.

"I quit." She mumbled.

"You what?" I asked.

"You know what I said." She said looking down.

"Actually I didn't because you whispered it." I said.

"I quit." She said getting up and moving to her bed.

"What? Why? Don't you love that job?" I asked concerned.

"I never told you that, how'd you know?" She asked and then I remembered that my mom told me and I wasn't suppose to saw anything. I didn't understand why but it came out anyways.

"My mom.." I said feeling guilty.

"Well yeah. Umm sorry, I just kinda wanna be alone right now." Emilee said.

Emilee's POV

It's not that Justin is bugging me and all, it's more like I really need some space to think. I gave him space and now I need mine. Justin is my best friend and I love him so much for caring but regardless of whether he know why I love that bakery or not, it just wasn't something easy to process.

That bakery meant everything to me because it was the one place that always brought joy to my family. Ever since I was little that was the go-to place and it was when my family actually was a family. When I had my dad..

~Flashback~

"Kendall, I can't stop seeing my father and my mom can't know about this!" I said crying.

"Calm down nothing's gonna happen. I'll be here for you as always. It's gonna be okay baby girl." Kendall said as he kissed my forehead.

A tear came from my eye as I thought back to that day.

I know everyone's confused about what I'm talking about but here's the story. My dad that's married to my mom isn't really my dad. He's my step-day and my mom doesn't know what I know that. They got married when my biological father left me at 2 months old. When I was 15 I found out who he was and I was able to get in contact with him. I saw him 2 a week and Kendall my current boyfriend at the time had went with me. We'd always meet at the bakery because I worked there. People started getting suspicious of who the man was considering its not that huge of a town. I was never pleased with the fact that my father left me therefore I was getting close to him and then after 1 month I would ask him why he left me. It sucked how it turned out, but I wasn't telling that story now. In general that bakery had every memory and I loved it. Even though I just wanted revenge on my biological father, I got attached to him anyways.. And now I miss him because I don't work at the bakery anymore.

"Em. You kinda zoned out there. Anyways, I'm not leaving you alone. You're coming with me." Justin said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Justin please I just need my space." I begged.

Then suddenly I felt my body being swung over Justin's shoulders and I couldn't  help but laugh.

"C'mon princess we're going on an adventure." He said.

"What the hell, let me down!" I laughed.

"Okay." He said and set me down in the passenger side of his car.

I was gonna jump out but he had the child lock on. My next theory was to get out from the back seat passengers side. I jumped to the back as Justin got in and I was stuck. The child lock was on every damn door.

"Why the hell do you have the child lock on EVERY DAMN DOOR!" I screamed laughing as I jumped back in the front seat.

"My siblings and if you were smart you would have fought your way through me out from this door." Justin said sticking his tongue out.

"Asshole." I mumbled.

"Bitch." He snapped back.

My head turned directly towards him and I couldn't help but laugh at his evil grin and how he actually said something back.

"I'm kidding you're a sweetheart." Justin said and drove to this mysterious place considering I didn't know where we were going.

"Nah it's okay, where are we going?" I asked.

"For a walk." Justin said.

"So why are we in a car?" I said back.

Then he parked the car off to the side and said," To get ice cream too."

I looked up and saw that we were at an ice cream parlor and he opened up the door for me since I couldn't.

Justin ended up opening up the door in the dorkiest way and it cracked me up.

"You've arrived Ms...." Justin said realizing he didn't know my last name.

"Lockwood." I said grabbing his hand and stepping out of the car.

I kept my fathers name and my mom always said that I kept her maiden name but that was a lie, I just had my biological dad's name.

We quickly got ice cream and walked around. I got vanilla bean with chocolate chip and Justin got a banana split.

As we walked around Justin got asked for a picture or autograph every once in awhile. I didn't mind honestly. We had finished out ice cream but continued walking.

"So it's almost time for that big concert in LA." I mentioned.

"Yes, yes, and you'll be there right?" He asked.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." I said.

"Thanks really it means a lot." He said.

"Thank you, although I wanted my space I'm glad you didn't let me." I said smiling.

"Well it's the least I could do, you gave me my space and I'm thankful for it, but I also shouldn't have pushed you away so much at that moment that you would have just stayed for a little longer." He said.

"I'll keep that in mind Justin. Just know that I'm there. You can take all the space that you need but the moment you need someone again, I'm there.

And with that he drove us both back home and I spent the night at Justin's.