| Ch. 40 |

Emilee's POV

Hailee is officially gone. Hopefully. I have one solved but one problem still to be solved. Selena was coming to the show tonight and I really wanted to know why.

Justin's show was going to start in a couple of hours so we barely walked into the arena. We barely managed too because we were running a tad late and paparazzi showed up.

We both pushed through the crowd and Justin's hand tightened on my hand again and I had a mini flashback to the last time he did it, he ended up leaving me a horrible bruise that turned to a blue-greenish color

I squeezed his hand lightly and he immediately knew what he was doing and I smiled at him to reassure him that it was okay.

"Finally." He said as if he wasn't breathing that whole time.

"You good babe?" I asked.

He nodded his head and went to sound check, I knew something was up though. He said we'd talk later but it never happened. Every time it got brought up, he looked almost as if he was going to cry. At first I thought it was Hailee, but she's gone now, who's tearing him down.

I walk around just helping around. I even helped myself to some snacks. Boy was I hungry.

A few hours passed and Justin had some time to kill. He sat next to me with a water bottle in his hand. I stood up, grabbed his hand, and said,"Let's go on the stage."

He looked at me but didn't hesitate therefore he just followed me. I was pretty sure he knew what was gonna happen. I was gonna talk to him obviously.

I sat in the middle, Criss cross apple sauce and he just sat there admiring the view.

"It's been awhile since you've been here." I said indicating it's been awhile since he's perform here.

"I'm canceling M&G's and I think they hate me again.." Justin said still looking down.

"Whys that?" I asked.

"You really don't know why?" Justin said looking at me a tad irritated.

I chuckled and said,"Justin, babe.. You're an open book. I know you pretty well to know something was up."

"Did you not care enough to ask?" He said and I was taken back a little by his attitude.

"Justin, tell me I'm wrong but wouldn't you just tell me everything's fine. That you'd talk when you wanted to. To leave you alone. You'd get mad and say something you did or didn't mean?" I asked and he just paused there for a moment looking at me.

"...yes." He responded.

"Justin, I know when to give you your space. I know you aren't happy right now and I understand why. But it's not like I never left you side." I said as he smiled. He nodded his head as well and said,"They expect so much out of me.."

"They literally say things like I'm not there."

"You can't always meet everyone's expectations and if they get mad, are they really your fans? Your health is more important. Take care of yourself Justin. Or you can go back to the old you." I said and he stood up mad.

"What do you mean the old me?" He said.

"I knew you'd react to that." I said and he looked confused.

"Would you stop testing me.." He said finally breaking news a smile.

"I just proved the old you, is still the new you. No matter what you went though, it's always going to be a part of you. Babe, don't be afraid to be you. You say that all that time. Take your own advice and do whatever you want no matter what the world says. All that matters is how you value yourself." I said standing up and walking off stage. "Good luck Justin." I said and I left him there to think about his thoughts. I knew he needed some alone time. Except Simone wasn't going to let him so I stopped her.

"Nu-uh. Not today Selena. Back it up." I said pulling her into the dressing room.

"This a big night for him. Don't blow it."

"Nice to see you too.." She said.

"Ohh nice to see you too.. Hailee." I said.

A/N: super short chapter. I just wanted to give you guys a chapter. I'm so tired and drained guys. I've had a busy week. I'll write 2-3 long chapters Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Most likely just Saturday, Sunday. Thanks (: