Chapter 5

I was eager for my mother to go to work today. I woke up at 8 this morning, showered in steaming water, shaved my legs, armpits, and unmentionables perfectly. I put lotion on every inch of my body, cleaned up my room, lit candles, sprayed freshener, and picked out the best undergarments I owned. I wore loose fitting clothes, curled my hair, and tried for hours to perfect my makeup.

All for Harry.

I felt weird that he would be here minutes after my mother left. If she were to forget something and come back, she would wonder why Harry was here when he broke things off just last night.

I was excited to say the least. Having Harry all to myself was a big thing to me. It's weird to think I hated him just weeks ago. I don't know much about him, we don't talk personally. We just do... personal things. He said this isn't a friendship or a romantic thing. I didn't really expect it to be. He doesn't seem the type to be romantic or lovey. He's always got this proper stature and stiff, cold voice.

I wanted to know him, but I knew he wouldn't tell me anything. I didn't want to be annoying and pry. The last thing I would want to happen is for another guy to get angry at me. I screwed up once, I've learned and won't let myself do it again. I finally had a male "companion" after almost two years.

My mom was to be at work in thirty minutes, so she would leave in about 5. She liked to be early. I didn't ever know why though. She only worked 10 minutes away from here. She would never have to worry about getting caught in traffic.

Maybe she just wanted to get away from me sooner, that sounds about right. My mom and I don't talk much anyway. Or, she tries to and I just give a sad excuse for a sentence back to her.

"Mia, I'm heading out. I should be back about 6 tonight." She said, poking her head in my room. She seemed upset. I knew why, but I wasn't going to make conversation about it.

"Alright, have a good day." I gave a small smile.

"I've left money for pizza on the table, if you want to order. Or you can walk down the street to the corner store and get snacks and I can cook when I'm home." She informed me.

"Alright mom. Thanks." I gave a tight, forced smile. I wanted her to leave already. I needed Harry to be here.

For some reason, I've been thinking about him so much lately. He never seems to go away.

"Your room looks nice." She smiled. "Someone you want to come over?"

"No, just cleaned for me." I said, growing impatient.

"Well it looks good. You should stop by mine and clean it like this."

"Eh." I shrugged. I wasn't going to do that shit. I was to be enjoying myself today.

"Alright, I gotta run before I'm late." She wouldn't be late. She leaves a damn day early.

Just as she walked out the door, I texted Harry to come. I was dead set on an immediate reply, but sadly it never came. After thirty minutes, I expected he was busy. But then after three hours, I knew he wasn't coming.

I sat my phone on the table, my hands cramped from clutching it in my hands for the past hours. I grew hungry and decided to go to the corner store and get snacks. My mom left $25 for me. That would be well over enough for  some chips, a drink and maybe a candy bar.