Chapter 20

Plz comment plz. Plz vote plz.

"He's a bit old, don't you think?" My dad said, placing the plates on the table while Emerald cooked.

"Not really." He really wasn't.

"For you, he is."

"To you, he is." I rolled my eyes. I've only really know my dad for probably only a month at the most and he did not know what is best for me. He really wasn't considered my father, because he hasn't been there. So, in turn, I feel as though he has no right to tell me I can't be with someone.

"We'll see."

It didn't matter how tonight turned out, I would be with Harry regardless. He and I had been texting briefly the past couple hours, he was busy at work today considering he hadn't been in a few days. We had expressed nervousness due to the fact Emerald was going to be there. My father had already told her that Harry was coming for dinner, and that we were seeing each other. The look on her face was something unreadable. She kind of just stood there and was silent for a while.

I could tell that she still had feelings toward him. And, it kind of made me a little bit jealous that they had done things together. They dated one another , they'd shared the same things he and I had. Maybe even better than he and I had. More than anyone, I think it'll be the hardest for me.

"Ten minutes, he's got ten minutes." My dad said, walking off in to the living room. Harry was always at least fifteen minutes early, he'd told me to get to school earlier because then it would look like I actually wanted to learn. He was someone who cared about education and work. He took learning seriously and was very persistent about things up to the point that it was actually annoying. 

As if on cue, the doorbell rang and I quickly ran to get it before anyone else could. Harry was dressed in his work clothes still, which were very nice. He was dressed in a pair of black slacks, a crisp, white button up, and a pair of black dress shoes. His tie was a light blue and he had on a black over coat. It reach to his knees and I'd never seen him wear one before. However ; it looked really fancy.

"I can take your coat." I smiled up at him. He looked absolutely lovely despite him being at work since 6 this morning. His hair was a bit tousled and he looked a little tired. He's seriously so beautiful and cute, I can't stand it sometimes.

"Thank you, babe." He smiled, handing it over to me. I hung it on the rack next to the door and I grabbed his hand in mine. "You're welcome. I'm nervous."

"Why? You know your dad, I don't." He rolled his eyes. "And Emerald, I can't stand looking at her. I don't want to come off as disrespectful or anything, but I don't think I can speak to her."

"I understand, it's okay though. We will get through It." We walked down the hall together and to the living room where my father was seated on the recliner.

"Hello, Harry. Nice of you to join us. I didn't think you would come."

"Why wouldn't I?" Harry asked.

"Hm, thought you may have been scared away. Still a bit too old I see."

"Well he wouldn't decrease in age over night, dad." I said, annoyed. He didn't have to act like this. He didn't know Harry , and even if he knew only a bit he didn't have a reason not to. He was very successful and kind, more often than not. He wasn't really that much older than I am.

"It's ok, Mia." Harry chuckled. "I can take a little joke."

"Oh, it's not a joke." My father smirked, taking a sip of his tea. "Football is on, Harry. You watch any? American football. Not that soccer."