Chapter 44

I didn't know if I still really felt perfectly fine about what Harry has said to me. Yes, of course, I would eventually get over it. We would eventually be very much in love again. This wasn't the end of our story, their had to more for us.

We couldn't just have a baby and then fall apart because he said a mean thing. The more I thought about it, the more I thought I overreacted about the whole thing. At the time, it was hurtful. The death of our daughter added on to it. I felt like I was at the bottom of a rock slide for two straight weeks.

I'm glad that Harry and I were on speaking terms now though. His home was trashed everyday and if it weren't for his maid, it still would be. Amber wouldn't have been fed, and he wouldn't eat. I'm thankful for her, she did what all I did while Harry would normally be working. He was upset this time, though. That's when I needed to be with him the most.

We decided to get past it as best as we could, though. After work, I boxed up some chocolate donuts with sprinkles because they were Harry's favorite. I brought him 6, but I would give one to the woman at the front desk.

Harry told me she really liked me because when I came I was always kind to her and she loved donuts.

"Hi." I smiled once I walked through the revolving doors. I always had trouble getting through them. I never knew when to walk in and before I knew it, it was taking me back outside. It was embarrassing the first few times but I got used to it.

"Mr.Harry is in his office , he'd cleared out all his meetings for you!" I thought it was funny that even though Harry still told her not to call him Mr.Styles she still thought it was respectful to call him Mr.Harry. I would feel a bit odd if my boss asked me to address him or her by first name. It just isn't something you do.

"Would you like a donut?" I asked, knowing she would. She was dressed in white capris and a light carnation colored blouse. I thought it was pretty, so I complimented her after she received the donut.

"I knew I liked you for a reason." She smiled a pearly smile. I walked to Harry's office with the case and I ran in to the guy I met at Harry's party. I knew his face but I couldn't get a name.

He had light brown hair, neatly cut and pushed back. He had a perfectly drawn face, he was tan, light chocolate eyes, and he was really no taller than Harry. He was maybe a few inches shorter.

"Hello, Ms.Mia. Lovely seeing you again." He smiled.

I stood and stared at him for a few seconds. I hated when people knew you but you couldn't remember them. It was embarrassing and I felt like I was being rude.

"It's nice to see you, too. How are you?" I asked , nervously.

He was the one Harry had told me to stay away from months ago. I wasn't sure why though, maybe simply jealousy.

"I've been okay, you remember me right? Luke."

That's it, Luke. "Yes! I remember you. Of course. " I lied. "Would you like a donut?" I asked opening the box.

"Sure! Thank you, everything okay with you and the boss?" He asked, his eyes gleaming. He was attractive , but he wasn't my Harry.

"Yes, everything is fine between us." I nodded, half a lie.

"I'm sorry about your loss, by the way. I know you may not want to talk about it but, I'm just giving you my condolences." He gave a warm smile.

"Thank you, so much." I nodded.

"Well, I should be going. Thank you for the sweets!" He smiled, giving a small wave as he was on his way down the hall.

Before I knocked on Harry's door, it opened and a bleach blonde lady walked out. She looked just maybe three years older than me. She was a pretty girl, but she flaunted too much of herself and I immediately became a little suspicious of why she was in there alone with him. She'd said that Harry cancelled all his meetings today.