Chaper 21

Emerald's POV.

"Barry, I'm telling you right now, Harry isn't a good man for your daughter." I sighed. I decided while everyone ate their dinner , I would come upstairs and think of any way possible to make sure she didn't end up with him.

He knew things that would knock my marriage out within a split second. He could very well crush everything I've worked for. If he tells Mia about my past , Mia will tell her father.

"Yeah, why is that?" He asked, unbuttoning his shirt.

"He's much older, he's a control freak, and he doesn't have patience. He's way too mature for her." He's probably sucked her in to his world already like he'd had me. Don't get me wrong, it was my fault Harry and I aren't together anymore, but he wasn't the easiest person to deal with.

I wish I hadn't been so stupid back then. Harry was a great man. Aside from his controlling ways, he was the sweetest and most attractive man I had been with. Even though he is much younger than I am.

He made me feel young , he made me feel nice. And as a sexual partner, he blew my mind and it was hard for me to take anything less than him.

But now, my stepdaughter had everything I want and that made me a little bothered. Yeah I was married to her father, and I didn't care. If I can't have him, she most definitely won't. She's younger, inexperienced , and I know I can't satisfy him and treat him better! Just because of my stupid mistakes, I had to settle for less. Seeing Harry tonight at my house brought back so many memories of us. For a while we were happy and I know we can be happy again.

"The older guy thing doesn't really bother me much anymore. He seems like a nice one. He's responsible, he's got a great job, he seems friendly. Maybe maturity is what Mia needs."

"I'm just trying to protect your daughter." I rolled my eyes. He would come around.

"Protect her from what? Success?" He laughed , settling in to bed next to me.

"No, she could get pregnant, heart broken, he's older he could decide he wants someone more his age or a bit older."

"Well if he does, he does. Nothing lasts forever. You have to let her make her own mistakes. And Mia is a great girl, highly responsible. She's very sheltered, her mother says she's not got many friends. I'm not sure an introvert like her would even think about sex."

Yeah, until Harry comes along and you're thinking about it all the time. I mean, how can you not?

"Whatever, Barry."

"Night Em." He sighed, turning the table lamp off.

.......

Mia's POV.

"School was good?" Harry asked, as I settled in to his car. The smile on my face was enormous and everyone could tell. 

"School was great, didn't do anything all day, I made a new friend. She's new and she's from Arkansas. She's like me! And I've been talking to you all day, and I just love to be here."

"Well, I'm glad you're overly happy. Because i think you're gonna be way more happy tonight after we're together."

"What're we going to do!" I asked, excitedly.

"You'll see. We are going to your house first so you can dress and get ready. Wear something extravagant."

"Where are we going?"

"I'm having a bit of a party at my house tonight. Business stuff, nothing wild, and I want to show you off, my pretty young thing."

Show me off? I wasn't anything special. No one paid attention to me except Harry. And I don't even know how I got that lucky. Or blessed, i should say. What I have is greater than luck.

"Like should I wear a dress? And what color?"

"Mm, I've had one picked out for you for a while. It's in the back along with shoes. It won't be for a few more hours so you have time for your makeup and hair."

"How did you know what size dress and shoes I wear?" I asked.

"Very lucky guess." He smiled.

Once I got home, Harry told my father what was going to be happening tonight and my father asked all kinds of questions I didn't stick around for. I brought the dress and shoes to my room and sat them on my bed. Harry seemed to have nice taste , as shown before , so I expected everything to flow nicely together.

Inside of the white bag was a long sleeved, cream colored, lace dress with a Peter Pan collar. The collar had tiny purple flowers and a green leafy pattern around them.

The dress was absolutely lovely and the brand was Valentino. I opened the shoe box, inside were very light matte pink high heels. I took them out and felt them. I stared at them in awe. I couldn't wait to put them on.

At the bottom of the shoe box sat a piece of paper and a tiny box from Tiffany Co.

The ring caught my eye first, a tiny purple diamond sat in the middle of it around a light white gold. I took it out and put it on my finger. Under that, was the necklace Harry had talked about getting for me. It had the birthstones in it in order and everything I had drawn up.

It was absolutely perfect. I put it around my neck, and fastened it carefully. It felt nice to have something identical to it again. It wasn't the exact one, but it was a very very close match.

I wiped a few tears from my eyes and got up to freshen my face up a bit. I reapplied mascara and put on a bit of concealer over a few imperfections and a light pink blush. I finished it off with a light brown eye shadow and pink matte lipstick. The outfit i was wearing was very prim and proper so I didn't want my face to over take it.

I braided my bangs back in to my hair and curled the ends. I slipped on the dress and it was a perfect fit, maybe a little small, but if I went up or down a size it really wouldn't fit at all. The shoes fit me perfectly and I wondered how Harry could match it all perfectly. He had to have help.

I spritzed myself with a light perfume I had and went downstairs slowly so I didn't fall.

"Mia, honey you look beautiful." My father smiled, widely. "You look like a girl!"

"Thanks, dad." I smiled.

"You look just... incredible." Harry smiled. "I did really good."

"Thank you." I blushed.

"While I'm getting ready at home, I'm going to drop you off at the nail salon and you can get your nails and toes or whatever you like done."

"Okay." I smiled. "Let's go."

"Bye, be careful. Be home by 12. You have school tomorrow." My father called as we walked out the door. I wished I could stay with Harry tonight. School just ruins everything.

"It's going to be difficult concentrating on anything but you tonight, Mia." Harry sighed as I closed the door. "We may have to take a small intermission tonight and go up to my room."

"Sounds lovely," I smiled. I felt like a princess in these clothes. I felt very different looking from everyone else. I felt good about my looks for the first time in a while.