Chapter 46

So there's a hair inside of my screen protector. The smallest things bother me OMG 🙄😐.

Harry came home around 8:30, a little later than usual. He said he has something important to tell me. He always had an important thing to tell me everyday. Some more important than others so I wasn't surprised.

"I have to go to New York, Mia. You can go, don't worry. But, we just have to go and we are going tomorrow."

"How long will we be there? What about my work?" I asked.

"Three days, two nights. You don't have to go, but I'd love it if you did." He smiled, sweetly.

"I will have to call Ada, my boss lady."

"Why do you still work there? Even if we part I would still take care of you."

"Harry, I don't want to bum off you my whole life." I rolled my eyes. A conversation we've had too many times.

"You work literally 6 hours a day-- sometimes five, and you only work four days a week. You make $7.25 an hour. That's only barely $174.00 a week, plus tax is taken out. You literally can't live alone. Not around here unless you want trash."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. He wanted me to quit so bad, I didn't even know why. If I didn't work I would sit at home doing nothing while he was working. It gave me something to do.

"Harry it doesn't matter. We wake up together now, get ready together, I pack you lunch unless it's Tuesday, and I wouldn't see you during those hours anyway. So why should I stop working?"

"Because I want to take care of you. You shouldn't have to work. I'm the man and I take care of you. I want you to spend my money and I want you to be spoiled by me and only me." His words were sweet, possessive, and confusing. If I wanted to work, I would. "Do you want to go to college?" He asked, randomly.

"I planned on it, really I did. But I don't think it's for me." I shrugged. I have lost all will to become more academically successful. I'd been out of school too long and I didn't want to go back.

"What did you want to be?" He asked.

"I wanted to be a lawyer first, then I realized I had no money. So then I wanted to be a doctor, but I figured it was much too difficult. So, I settled on the idea of being an English teacher at a high school for while. But, the thought of going back to high school every day made me sick and the people I went with were awful, so I decided finally that I would be a kindergarten teacher."

"That suits you well, but you know that you can be anything you choose to. And with me, you can do it for free, baby."

"You're not a bank, Harry." I rolled my eyes.

"But I own a huge chunk of one."

"Okay, sure you do... But I don't."

"You will when we're married. You know, Adeline could have been an heiress. My wealthy beautiful daughter." He smiled.

"That would've been nice." I smiled back.

"She would've been a softball player. Not a cheerleader."

"Whys that?" I asked.

"Because if she played softball, boys wouldn't look at her in a skirt at assembly's or Football games."

"You would've been such an overprotective dad." I smiled.

"If my daughter was ugly, which she wouldn't be because look at us, she could be a cheerleader if she pleased. But considering Adeline is and would've been the most beautiful girl in the world, she would have only been allowed to do golf or softball."

"Well what would you allow our son to do?" I asked, crossing my arms. I was interested in what he would have to say.

"Oh don't you think for a second my son wouldn't be just like me. I know for a fact he would be and honestly I'm terrified of that. So, instead of doing the typical father encourages son to date girls thing my son would have a time he can leave and a time he can be back. I'd have to meet all of his friends, and he would only be allowed to have people over if I've met them beforehand. My son will not play women as I have and he will not treat them as I have. I will raise him so that it never crosses his mind." Pleased with his reply, I smiled at him.

"Wonderfully worded. Beautifully correct answer." I clapped.

"Anyway, we'll leave around 7 tomorrow morning. And Luke is going and I understand you two speak when you come to my work and you two won't be speaking during the trip. You won't speak to neither him or Kenyon, okay?" He said, staring in to my eyes.

"Why?" Was all I could ask.

"Because, Mia. I don't want you to. Luke is single, I've know him for years and he's no better than what I was. He doesn't give a damn if you're in a relationship, he will do everything he can to break it apart. Regardless of whether or not I am his boss. I have warned him as well, he knows but that doesn't mean he won't go against my word. Do not open your mouth to him, understood?" He said, sternly.

"Okay? But not everyone finds me attractive, Harry. He's just being polite."

"It's not the face we look at, Mia. A pretty face is great for a girlfriend , but it's the body we see first and God gave you a great one. Now that I'm thinking about it, let's go upstairs." He smirked, walking up the stairs quickly.

I followed him a few feet behind, kind of confused as to why I couldn't speak to either of them. He's never looked at me that way, we just shared a few words in the halls. No ones ever looked at me except Harry and maybe Logan. I've only ever kissed two people, I wasn't a prize to have and I wasn't a piece of art to gaze at. To me, I was plain and that's all I will ever feel like around anyone else but Harry.