Chapter 36

Adeline had her two month shots this morning and it was so adorable the way Harry held her in his lap. She was so, so, so tiny compared to him. His hand was twice the size of her head, and last month, she wasn't even the length of his forearm.

She had so much hair , though. Pretty, soft hair. My favorite thing to do was lay back on the couch and put her on top of me as her head lay on my chest. I would rub her head and back gently and listen to her breathing. I was always worried about her breathing stopping. I worried about her lungs giving up and her not waking up one morning. The doctor assured me she was perfectly fine today, nothing was wrong with her and she has made huge progress in short time.

Adeline wailed as soon as the needle went in to her. I winced beside her and Harry was protective over her during the whole appointment. He didn't want her to get three shots, I didn't either. But I suppose it had to be done. The doctor that gave her the shots wasn't really nice either. He didn't talk much or try to comfort Adeline or Harry and I. It was like he gave the shots and he released us.

Any other parent would have hated to hear their son or daughter cry, but it was music to mine and Harry's ears. We were thankful to hear her wailing.

We planned to go out to eat tonight, considering the fact we haven't been alone or had a break in a long time. We needed to be closer together and try to let lose. So, we were going to be out for no longer than two hours. Harry made the time rule. He said he just refuses to let anyone have responsibility over our daughter for longer than that. He said he only trusted he and I.

His secretary, Linda, has four kids, and she's 33 years old so he figured she had enough experience to watch Adeline tonight. We spoke to her and gave her all the information she needed before we left. She was a nice lady and she was very funny. Her house was spotless and her children were very well behaved. I figured she was a great mother and she would treat Adeline like her own.

Harry has been a little antsy since we left her, and I wasn't sure why. It was like he was nervous about something happening to her which made me nervous.

"Are you okay? You're making me nervous." I asked

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine." He nodded, parking the car.

Harry decided on an upscale restaurant like always. We went inside hand in hand and we were seated quickly despite the room of people waiting. I figured he had reserved a table for us.

Harry and I talked for a while about the cute things Adeline does and how her smile was the most beautiful thing he's ever experienced in his life. That's literally all he talked about for a straight 45 minutes is Adeline's smile.

She was the light of our lives, and it's hard to think that before she was born, she kind of drove Harry away from me but now she's bringing us closer together.

"She's swept me away, Mia. She's going to grow up one day and she's going to piss us off and defy us, she's going to get boyfriends. Adeline will be married one day." He gasped. "She's my baby. I helped her exist."

"She is a beautiful baby, isn't she?" I smiled.

"She is the perfect mix of you and I. I just really, really hope she has your temper and not mine." He smiled. "I don't think you or I could deal with that."

"Probably not." I laughed.

"Um, I wanted to tell you something though." He said, but his eyes nearly fell out of his head as he jumped up. "I'll be right back I've got to go get my... wallet!" He said, laughing awkwardly. He returned a few moments later a little sweaty. His car wasn't even parked far away so I know he didn't run that hard.

"Anyway, um.. I want you to know that you know everything about me." He smiled. "Everything. You've seen everything about me. You've really opened my eyes and stood by me since we've known each other no matter how much of a dick I am to you sometimes. I know we've been tired lately, but theirs nothing I would change about where you've put me. I want to say thank you for making sure you have Addie and I taken care of. I appreciate the food you cook or me when I get off of work and the massages you give me after work if you're not napping. One of my top three favorite things to do is wake up next to you and know that I'll get to go to sleep next to you later on." He grinned, grabbing hold of my hand on top of the table. I smiled at his words and nodded for him to go on.

"I have never in my life loved someone or something as much as I love you and Addie. And I'm not just doing this because we have a child together." He cleared his throat , pulling out a box from his pocket. My mouth fell open slowly as I knew what was coming.

"I know you're still young and I'm still young, but I know what I want. And you know yourself it is hard for me to commit to a human," he chuckled. "I really see something in you and it makes me want to spend my whole life with you. You've turned me insane because never in a thousand hundred year would I ever imagine I would want to marry because I've seen my parents end so horribly , but you and I can be something better for not only us but for Adeline. I want her to have parents. Married, happy, good parents. And maybe a brother." He smiled. "But not a brother right now!"

I laughed along with him, and he opened the box, showcasing the ring inside to me. It was very large and very shiny and very beautiful. 

"I want you to marry me."

I grabbed the box from his hand and placed the ring on my finger. It was a perfect fit. I locked my eyes with his and nodded. "I will marry you whenever and wherever you want me to."

"I customized this myself. It's so noticeable and I'm glad.Because when you're in public and some guy wants to come over and say something, that will be the second thing he sees."

"What'll be the first?" I asked.

"Your eyes, that's the first thing I saw."

"Oh, be quiet." I blushed.

"Do you want to know something funny?" He asked, grabbing my hand, staring at the ring.

"Yeah?" I smiled.

"I forgot the ring in the car. That's why I had to leave." He grinned. "I'm glad I felt my pocket before I said all of that."

"Me too." I giggled.