Chapter 22

"Emerald is probably here by the way. Considering it is a company gathering, everyone is invited." Harry said, as we drove down the road to go to his house. "I didn't tell you before because you would t have gone with me, but you can't do anything about it now."

"It's okay, maybe she won't talk to us." I sighed. Yeah, she would.

"If God is willing, Mia." He smiled. He was dressed in a black button up, and black pants. His tie was the same color as my dress and his hair was messily pushed back.

So simple , but so good looking. I feel like he can make anything look good.

We arrived and Harry had asked me to feed Amber and put her upstairs in her cage for a bit, so I did. Harry told me she was making progress. She would sometimes scratch on the door when she had to go, and other times she would just go in the floor.

I did as he said, and when I came back down there were already people here. I walked towards Harry and he locked arms with me and introduced me to his friend, and co-worker, Liam and his wife Haley.

"It's wonderful to meet you, Mia." Liam shook hands with me, and then his wife. She was a beautiful lady. They were both young, had brown hair and eyes. Haley was a lot shorter than he was though. But, I was a lot shorter than all of them.

"It is great to meet you guys, too," I smiled. They seemed like wonderful people. They were so inviting and kind looking.

"Harry says much about you, I believe you're the reason he opens his blinds in his office now." Liam chuckled. I smiled up at Harry and he was staring blankly at Liam.

"Dude, stop it."

"I'm being serious." Liam smiled. "It's cute."

"Cute." Harry rolled his eyes. "Go on and mingle and eat or whatever it is you want before I fire you." He was totally joking.

"Yeah, you need me though." Liam smiled, walking away pulling Haley along with him.

"Awh you really open your blinds because of me? Do I make you want to see the sunlight every day?" I cooed, jokingly.

"Mia, shut up before I make you." He smirked.

"Hm, how?" I asked.

"How about I put my c-"

"Mr.Styles, hello." A young red headed girl appeared beside of us. Her hair was in a loose pony tail and she wore red, thin framed glasses. She wore khaki pants and a light blue blouse. She was maybe a year older than me.

"Ah, my favorite!" Harry smiled, and I instantly got jealous. "Mia, this is an intern of mine. Her name is Delilah Jones, Miss Jones, this is my girlfriend, Mia." I wasn't jealous anymore. I nervously laughed and she held her hand out for me to shake. I took it and gave her my best smile.

I didn't know if Harry and I were actually dating because he hasn't asked me, but he introduced me as his girlfriend. Maybe it's easier to say that though instead of saying , "oh, hello, this is Mia. She was my sexual partner, but it's awkward now because I feel like we can be more but I just won't ask."

"It's a pleasure." She smiled, nodding in my direction. "Mr.Styles, you have a lovely home. Thank you for inviting me. But I need to leave before 11. I do have classes in the morning."

"The announcement will be made before you go home, I promise. By the way, thank you for taking on Niall's job yesterday. I didn't expect you to do it all right, but you did. Great job." He seemed so kind to his employees, but at the same time I feel like he didn't want to be sometimes. His job seemed to be stressful.