Chapter 50

"My mother is absolutely fucking nuts." Harry groaned practically throwing his phone across the room, aiming for the couch but he hit the wall instead. "Fuck." He muttered.

"Do you think that he's still alive?" I asked.

He took his face out of his hands for a brief second to look at me stupidly before hurrying it back.

"I'm sorry. That was a very stupid question."

"I never actually went to his funeral. But my mom she's just crazy. Everyone just came to the conclusion my father died. It was unlike him to hide away."

"Well he could be out there." I shrugged.

"He wouldn't abandons all this money. Trust me, he's a greedy man. Why leave the lavish lovely lifestyle of being Des to his son he didn't even like? He'd of had to died."

"Maybe he got tired of everything."

"Maybe he's just dead? Okay." Harry groaned , standing to get his phone. "Are you going to cook supper for me?" He asked.

"Well... sure. What do you want?" I asked.

"I want something hearty. You know? I think I'm going to start working out again. I'm letting myself go."

"I don't think so." I said eyeing him. "You look very good as you hard. I don't like the whole hard stomached abs and hard pecks."

"Really?" He cocked his head to the side in confusion. "I thought all girls wanted perfectly sculpted men."

"Not perfect, no. I mean it's attractive but not comfy to cuddle or fall asleep on top of."

"So I can be 600 pounds and you'd still fu-"

"No." I laughed. "That's a little much for me."

"Well when you were pregnant I still f.ucked you."

"Like, twice." I rolled my eyes.

"I thought I'd hurt the baby. Our Adeline."

"You just thought it was unattractive."

"No I didn't.." he scoffed. "I'd get you pregnant again right now and fuck you every day after that if you wanted me to prove you wrong."

"I'm going to make steaks. That okay?" I changed the subject. I didn't want to talk about me getting pregnant or being pregnant. The sting was still there when we talked about it. It's like no matter what, that fear will be with us until our next baby surpasses 5 months old because that's the month SIDS isn't a risk anymore. It'll be constant fear and worrying for a little over a year. Neither of us were quite ready for that. 

"Potatoes too. Fried, and also corn and rice."

"Are you going to help with that?" I asked.

"Yeah, we'll go to the store together because we don't have any of that stuff except for corn." Harry sighed , staring at his phone. "It's broken."

"I figured. You shouldn't have thrown it."

"My mother shouldn't call me with lies." He said, grabbing his keys. We both chuckled at his words. But, he was somewhat serious.

We walked down the aisles at Walmart , me pushing the cart and pointing at things for Harry to grab and put in it. "Get the Mexican rice."

"We aren't having Mexican food, moron." Harry teased. "We're getting regular white rice."

"Well we have to get soy sauce."

"No?" He scoffed. "Why?"

"I'm putting it on my rice if you're getting white."

"God, you're picky and weird."

"Do they even have a grill at the place we are staying at?" I asked.

"Yeah. You didn't see it on the balcony thing?"

"No." I shrugged. "Are we cooking for everyone else too?" I asked hoping he would say no.

"No." Yes!

"Date night!" I exclaimed. "Romantic dinner on the balcony." I poked his stomach.

"Sure." He smiled, but it soon turned in to a shocked demeanor.

"Harry?" I asked, looking in the direction he was staring. A man, about 5'6" , gelled up salt and pepper colored hair, black suit , and rings and a gold chain around his neck were very noticeable. His facial structure was cut perfectly , despite the fact he was probably in his later forties, maybe early fifties he was a good looking man. He resembled Harry and I couldn't help but think it was his dad who he was staring at.

The man looked in Harry's direction and his face froze. "Son?" His deep voice rumbled, sending chills down my spine.

"You're supposed to be dead..." Harry muttered, I guess to himself.

"Well, here I am. How's the business?"

"How's the business?" Harry scoffed. "I thought you've been dead more than half my life and you ask me how the business is?" He half laughed. "The business you left me with at the tender age of 19."

"With good reason, son. Seems as if you're doing okay. You've got a cart full of groceries and you're dressed very well. Plus, you've got a great looking gal on your arm." He winked at me, making me feel awkward. "Walmart isn't exactly a good place for a family reunion is it, my boy?" He laughed, eerily. "Where do you stay?"

"I'm on a trip here right now. I'm going back to LA in the morning. Why're you here?" Harry asked.

"Your mothers spotted me and he told me where you were so I came here to see you. I need you to do something for me."

"Well that's something we have to talk about in private, dad." Harry's face was still and angry. As if he didn't want me to know what his father was trying to propose. "I mean it, too."

"Give me your home address, son. I'll be there to speak with you Tuesday. Be there because it is important. And if you aren't there I'll talk to your lady about it." He nodded towards me.

"1046 Lillywater Court. Tuesday 9 AM sharp." Harry said. His father nodded.

"I'll remember that. See you Tuesday , son." Harry didn't tell him goodbye as he walked away. I was standing there dumbfounded as was Harry. We didn't know what to say and I didn't want to be nosy in fear of Harry turning angry. So , we kept shopping around.