Chapter 29

This'll be intense.

"Today is the big day." I smiled at Harry as I got in to his car. It was 8:30 in the morning and our appointment was at 8:45, Harry was becoming more stressed as the days went on. He was running late this morning because he got a call from his mother and she told him she was coming in to town next week. They stayed on the phone for about half an hour arguing over whether or not she was going to see him.

I don't know why he didn't want to see her, but after the passing of my mother I knew that no matter what she had done I had always loved her from the bottom of my heart. I tried to tell Harry he should see her but he just got angry and told me I didn't understand and that it was none of my business.

"Yep." He gave a small nod and began driving rather quickly to the doctors.

We walked in together, silently and took our seats. Lately it was kind of awkward being around Harry. He didn't speak much and when he did, it was short. I thought he would try to be a little more happy about things.

Maybe if we didn't even have a baby, he would just leave me alone. Maybe he didn't want me anymore. Maybe he only is staying because he's morally obligated to.

"Mia and Harry." The same lady that we saw last time called our names. She instructed me to lay down and lift my shirt to expose my stomach.

"This'll be a bit cold, so beware." She smiled at me. She rubbed this thick clear jelly substance on my stomach and she didn't lie, it was cold. I looked towards Harry and he was blankly staring at my stomach.

"Let's look for a baby shall we!" She pressed a little white thing on my belly and began moving it around slowly.

Their was a monitor sitting on a cart with all kinds of wires around it. I couldn't believe i was seeing inside of my stomach. It was kind of weird.

"Your baby is the size of a raspberry. And it's about a half an inch long! Your baby has lips, a nose, eye lids, and webbed fingers and toes!"

"W-where is it?" I asked, feeling bad that I couldn't even see my own child.

She rolled her chair a bit closer to the screen and pointed to a tiny little thing in the middle of everything in my stomach. It was kind of hard to tell, in my defense.

"Your baby will be easier to see as it grows bigger. What do you think, dad? You're kind of speechless over there." The friendly Doctor smiled at Harry. Maybe she could get a rise out of him. I know I couldn't.

"It's amazing, yeah." He nodded, stepping closer to me. "Size of a raspberry you said?"

"Yes! Tiny little thing."

"Yeah, that's crazy." He gave a small smile.

"So, have you been experiencing morning sickness or sickness at all?" She asked.

"I've been feeling a bit nauseous the past few days."

"Well, get used to it for about another week. Your little rascal is moving in there and it'll tend to make you feel a bit queasy."

Yay!

"Now, the baby's boy or girl anatomy is beginning to develop as well but it is far too early to detect at this time."

I nodded, staring at the screen. I was in awe, I really was pregnant.

"When will Mia start to show that she's pregnant?" Harry asked, surprising me. I started to wonder if he cared and if he wouldn't like it. Maybe he would find me unattractive.