Chapter 10

Saturday.

After Harry and I did our thing last night, he cooked me dinner while I watched television in the living room. I offered to help, but he told me he was making a surprise. It wasn't much of a surprise, though. I smelled chicken.

We ate at the table together and watched TV afterwards. His head lay on my lap as we talked about his job and occasionally sat in comfortable silence as we watched George Lopez. Harry said it was his favorite show. I didn't blame him, after a few episodes I was addicted. It's hilarious, actually.

As I was wondering earlier yesterday about sleeping arrangements, Harry fell asleep on the couch around 12 AM. So, I turned the tv off and went to the room he put my things in. I grabbed a blanket off of the bed and brought it back downstairs and covered him with it. I slept really happily last night. All because of Harry. Maybe I was catching feelings, but at the moment I didn't care.

My mom hasn't called me yet today , and that didn't surprise me. But you know, maybe I wanted her to. I wanted her to worry about me and care for me like she should.

I was up way before Harry. I decided to take a shower and put on the new underwear he got me. The black ones were nice. They were my favorite. As I walked out of the bathroom in them, Harry came in.

"I'm sorry." He smiled, sleepily. "I'll come back." He closed the door and I heard his footsteps getting more quiet. That was weird...

He'd usually be all over me. I shrugged it off and continued getting dressed. Once I was finished i went downstairs and Harry was dressed as well. Though he still looked sleepy.

"You left me on the couch." He said.

"You looked tired, I'm sorry." I shrugged.

"I'd have slept better if I was in my bed. I'm a little tall for the couch." He smiled, embracing me in a hug.

"Sorry." I apologized again, hugging him back. He was acting odd today, maybe he was a morning person.

"Do you want to go to get breakfast somewhere? Or we could go through McDonald's drive thru, whatever you like."

"McDonald's sounds good. I like biscuits and gravy." I smiled, looking up at him, still in his arms.

"You can have as many orders of it as you like." He laughed, "let's go."

After getting the food, we brought it back here and ate it. Harry was still being awfully nice to me, and o finally just had to ask why.

"Are you a morning person?" I asked, sipping my tea.

"I like to wake up every morning, yes." He nodded.

"Well, yeah. But do you like morning better than night time? Or daytime."

"Well I like mornings and nights. Daytime isn't really exciting for me. I don't like daytime unless it's weekends."

"I don't really like weekends." I admitted, "I like this weekend though."

"Why not?" He asked, leaning over the counter, we sat on opposite sides.

"Nothing to do. I'm lonely the whole day and in to the night."

"Invite some girl friends over." He shrugged.

"I don't really like for people to meet my mother..." I said, looking away.

"Is she rude to them?"

"To me, in front of them."

"I'm sorry, baby." He put his hand over mine and gave a sympathetic smile. That made everything all better. His smile makes everything better.

"It's alright." I couldn't help but smile. "What will we do today?" I asked.

"What do you want to do?" He shrugged.

"Can we stay in and watch movies?"

"That'll be perfect." He said, throwing our boxes and bags away.

That's what we did for the day. We laid on the couch, cuddling under the covers as we watched moves back to back. Some were comedy, and Harry laughed from behind me. I could feel the vibrations from his chucking through his chest which made me smile because he was smiling. We watched The Notebook which was sad. And when I say sad, I mean I cried four times. Harry laughed at me for crying, but he cried at the end as Noah and Allie ultimately passed away in each others arms.

We watched two scary movies that weren't even scary. They were just entertaining I guess. One we watched was Unfriended, I thought that was stupid.

Eventually, it got dark outside and Harry and I realized we had been laying down all day. Literally, all day. We hadn't even gotten up to use the bathroom.

"We've been laying for too long." I said, as the credits rolled down the TV.

"We need to do some physical activity then." He said, smirking. I knew what he meant, and I couldn't wait.

Today has been one of the greatest days I've had in a while, and I wanted to thank Harry for giving me that.

He kissed me slowly and passionately, taking his time. I kissed him back, smiling through the whole thing. Just as his hand slid up my shirt, my phone that hasn't rang all day began ringing. I let out a small whine before pulling away from Harry. I checked the screen to see who was calling and surprisingly, it was my mother.

"Should I answer?" I asked.

"Yes," he nodded.

"Hello?"

"Mia, hon. I'm going out and I wanted to know if you were coming home so I could know to lock the door or not."

"No, I'm not." I responded, weakly. That's all she wanted? No where are you? Are you okay? Who are you with?

"Alright, Mia. Your dad and I spoke. We will talk about it soon."

"Spoke about what?" I asked.

"Living arrangements." She said, shuffling around.

"Living arrangements?" I asked, worriedly. "What do you mean?"

"Your dad wants you to live with him, anyway I have to go babe." With that, she hung the phone up. I sat there dumbfounded.

"What's wrong, babe?" Harry whispered, thinking I was still on the phone. It was pressed to my ear, my eyes fixated on a random object on the coffee table.

"My mother and father decided to have me live with him.." I frowned. "I mean, living where I'm at is bad, but I barely know my dad.."

"If it were legal, I'd have you living with me." He whispered, wiping away a tear I didn't even realized had escaped my eye.

Oh, do I wish.