Chapter 49

If anyone's still reading.... here you go.

.

.

I woke up the next morning with a pain in my back , I sat up slowly and began rubbing it. After a few seconds, my cloudy mind finally remembered what events had taken place last night.

Harry and I fucked in his car. The steering wheel was stabbed in to my back basically the whole time. No wonder why it was hurting.

"Harry, wake up." I groaned, checking the clock. I don't know why I'd woken up so early. 7:25 AM. Harry was due at a meeting at 8:30.

"Babe, shut up." He mumbled. "I need to sleep."

"You shut up." I said, already annoyed with the day. "You have a meeting in an hour so get up."

"An hour? Fuck! It's going to take me half an hour to get there with traffic!" He said, his morning voice breaking as he threw the covers off of himself. He was ass naked, too. I smiled at the sight in front of me.

It was amusing seeing an angry, naked Harry Styles rummaging through a suitcase. He thrashed around for a minute or two trying to find a shirt to go with his dress pants. "What looks good?" He groaned, throwing clothes everywhere. A red button up landed in from of my feet and I picked it up. Harry looked good in red, though he never wore it.

"Wear this." I said, picking the piece of fabric off of the floor.

"Red?" He asked, his face turning up in disgust.

"If you don't like it why'd you pack it!" I rolled my eyes. "And also, we need to talk." I mentioned , not letting the Kate thing go.

"About?" He asked, wiggling on his tight pants. I stared at his tattoos on his chest and torso as he spoke.

"Last night."

"It was literally amazing. We're doing it again sometime." He smiled.

"I am not talking about that, I am talking about Kate."

"Kathryn? What about her?"

"You two were very friendly last night in front of me and you ignored me the whole time, do you recall?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"No, I can't say I do." He smirked, taking the shirt from me as he made his way to the bathroom.

"I'm not mad, just what did you two talk about that you had to be so close?"

"It was loud in there if you remember." His long fingers buttoned each button at an expert speed. His eyes never meeting mine.

"Listen, Harry." I groaned. "I'm not arguing. Just what did you talk about?"

"Do you work for me?" He asked. I looked at him confused, answering a simple "no."

"Then don't worry about it."

"Ok. Then don't you worry about what I talked about with your coworkers last night, because well... you were busy." I shrugged my shoulders as I walked towards the bed to lay back down.

"You'll tell me if I wanted to know." He said, slipping his shoes on.

"You don't scare me." I rolled my eyes.

"I'll just ask them."

"Go ahead." I rolled my eyes again for the umpteenth time. 

"You want to fuck them both, go ahead."

"What the fuck?" I asked. He was obnoxious. "You want to fuck Kate , go ahead." Only really, don't.

"I don't want to. You nosey little shit!" He turned around, smiling at me. "We were talking about work. I wasn't that drunk I remember everything. She was wasted, she didn't know about you and I. We talked about work. Trust me. If I wanted anyone else, I wouldn't have given you that there expensive ring on your finger." He said, lightly tapping the side of my head several times as if to say "duh."

"Want to grab lunch?" I asked, dropping the subject.

"Maybe. I'm attending a meeting until 11:30. Breakfast here is free and you can go walk around or whatever you please."

"I'm going back to sleep." I sighed, falling back on to the plush bed.

"I love you, Mia. See you soon." He smiled, kissing my cheek before he left.

I woke up to a pounding on the door. I woke up, automatically feeling a headache in the front of my head and behind my eyes. The worst.

I got up , rubbing the sleep from my eyes. I threw on one of Harry's shirts and quickly slipped on a pair of sweats. I speed walked to the door, but the beating kept going.

Kenyon's bright smile shone through the whole room. Way too bright for it being this early.

"Mia, please don't tell me you've just woken up!"

"I did. Why all the beating?" I groaned.

"Well I just needed someone to tear the town up with. I'm not necessarily important enough to go to the meeting today." He half smiled.

"Why'd you come then?" I asked.

"Well, my department has a meeting tomorrow. I'm the only guy in trip advisory here. Harry wouldn't bring the other woman, he thought you'd get mad. And honestly, I'm glad she isn't here." He laughed. "Now, can you throw on some clothes?" He walked in and sat on the sofa. I shut the door, not really thinking Harry would dig this idea of Kenyon and I walking around town together alone.

My hospitality got the best of me every time me I couldn't ever say no. "Ok." I sighed.

I decided to take a quick shower. I applied light makeup and wore a pair of capris and a
T-shirt.

I wasn't over dressed. Very casual looking. I figured if I didn't look top notch Harry might be less mad. Or maybe he wouldn't be mad at all.

Kenyon and I went around the big Apple exploring places. I felt like it would have been better with Harry though. But, Kenyon was quite funny and we never stopped laughing the whole time.

"You're better than the rest of the girls here. Kate is literally annoying and Delilah is okay, but she just doesn't talk much. I'm afraid she's just... too awkward." Kenyon smiled, walking across the hall to his room. I stood at Harry and i's door. It was around 11:45. Harry should already be here.

"Well thank you." I smiled. "Thanks for being a friend today, too!"

"Thank you for being my friend also! It was fun." He smiled, opening up his door and disappearing. I walked in our room and Harry was sitting on the couch talking on the phone.

"Mother, please--" he sighed. "Just stop it. Every time you come in my life you have something negative going on." I plopped down on the couch beside him and patted his thigh.

He took the phone from his ear and put it on speaker phone. "Harry I called cause I- I saw your father today." She said.

I thought Harry's dad was dead... I looked over at him and his face was angry. "Mother , I don't need this right now. You're fucking insane."

"Harry I'm serious!" She pleaded. She sounded drunk. "I'm serious."

"Oh yeah?" He laughed. "Where'd you see him?"

"I seen him I was walking down the road and I seen him at dark! He was in a car it was him!"

"Dad's dead." Harry muttered, closing his eyes.

"No he's not." She spoke softly. "I know I saw him."