Chapter 24

So, I thought all that shit was this weekend. But it's really next weekend. 🙄

Comment comment , vote vote. I love you all.

Btw, you might want to read this one alone.

-/-/-/-/-/-/

So after my father confronted Emerald about her children and her drug habit from years ago, she got offended. But, who wouldn't? But having children is something you should tell the man you're getting married to. It's actually one of the first things you should tell someone if you're dating.

Like, if Harry had a daughter or a son I would want to know. And if he didn't tell me, of course their is reason behind it. If you're embarrassed or have too much pride in yourself to not admit you have children, you're an abomination. Your children are your gifts from God. Sometimes he gives you children to save your life.

My friends mother was suffering with depression and her current boyfriend at the time was making her feel belittled all the time. Two years in to their relationship, she got pregnant and now she's the best single mom i know. You always want to do better for your children. She believes God put that new baby boy in her life to save her and to remind her that she had another child she needed to pay more attention to as well.

How could someone be so heartless?

"How can you give birth to those children and not want them unless their is a bad situation?" My father asked her.

"I wasn't capable!" She pleaded. But, Harry told me she was capable while she was with him. She sustained a semi-good relationship with her kids for a good year and she could had kept going.

"Because of drugs or financial support?"

"Both."

"Don't you think your financial problem was because of drugs?"

"I'm not on any of that anymore!"

"Then why don't you try to create a patch on your relationship with your kids?"

"They won't want to have anything to do with me!"

"Well if they don't, you know why." My father sighed, walking away from her and to his room. He shut the door and I heard the click of the lock.

I heard sniffles and wails of Emerald. It kind of made me happy and I wished that she would leave. I hoped and prayed this would tear she and my dad apart.

Now that I'm thinking of all this mother stuff, I wondered what mine was doing and why she hadn't made an effort to contact me. Maybe I would go see her tomorrow.

-/-/-/-/-/-

"Hi, um... Is Kendall here?" I asked the strange man at what used to be my front door.

"Yeah, are you the woman she called to join us?" He grumbled, placing a hand on my hip. I jerked back, and shook my head frantically.

"No, no! I'm her daughter."

"Chris, is she here ye-" my mother came in to view in only her bra and underwear. She stopped when she saw me.

"I don't suppose your daughter wants to join us?" He smirked.

I was completely disgusted and I turned to leave. I didn't even want to have words with my mother anymore. She was busy with all of this, and she wasn't worried about my well being what so ever. She probably turned my room in to some sort of a whore cellar.

"Mia, honey! Wait?" My mother called.

I kept walking though. She was with some creep and she only would feel bad for a few minutes, at the most. If that...