Chapter 31

We sat on Harry's couch beside one another, a few inches apart. This was the closest we have been in days maybe even weeks. We hadn't kissed but only a few times and we haven't had sex in two weeks.

"I've been thinking about how much I've probably hurt your feelings, and I wanted to apologize. I didn't expect anything like this to ever happen. When I met you in your mother's kitchen, I thought you'd be nothing more or less than a young girl I could play with. I was wrong though. I don't know what you've done to me but I haven't been nice nor romantic to anybody in years."

"Then why're you treating me like this now?"

"Because I'm a man, I'm in my early twenties and I'm not skilled or anything in relationships or children. I'm going to be a dad soon and that scares the shit out of me. Does it scare you?"

"It scares me, but we will figure it out together. It'll come naturally and we can do research. I'm not aborting my child. If you're a scared coward, then you don't have to be around us."

"I do want to be around you though, Mia. Every single day, all day. That's why I want you moved in with me."

"But you don't want your child here?"

He sighed and looked away from me. We weren't yelling , just talking rather calmly. If he didn't want my baby then he can't have me.

We are a package deal now, I suppose.

"Do you really think I wanted this? God gave me this for a reason. This happened to you and I for a reason."

"Oh yeah? Why'd God do it then? Did he mention that?"

"He works in mysterious ways, Harry. Everything that happens happens for a reason and if you don't want our baby, then you aren't having me. It's either both or none."

"You know it's going to take me forever to get used to this." He sighed. "I'm just not ready."

"Me either. Have you actually taken my feelings in to consideration?"

"Well how do you feel?"

"Well every since we found out I was pregnant, you've been kind of distant and douchey lately. It's as if you don't care anymore. Like you're going to leave me. And that's not right because it's just as much your fault as it is mine."

"I know that, I know!" He groaned. "It's our fault! Ours."

"Can you please lighten up?"

"I'll try to get used to it. I mean, I'll look things up about pregnancy and I'll know everything by the end of the night. I'll be able to deliver the damn thing." 

"Oh really?" I smiled.

"Yeah, being educated about it all is part of being a good parent and that's what I want to be. I want to be a good dad. My dad was strict and mean. He never played catch or taught me sports or how to build things or fix an old car. He was business and brains and my mother wasn't there."

"I want to be a better mother than my mother ever could have thought about being." I half laughed, but it was true. I was already so protective.

"I've never been around a baby before." Harry said, quietly. "Never touched one or held one."

"Not even a cousin or anything?"

"No. It was just me and my dad in one huge mansion house. I had a nanny and a butler. My nanny had some kids, but when they would come over I would stay in my room. I hated other children. I was a miniature walking and talking Braise Styles Jr." He smiled. "I had no social skills because my dad was always gone for work and I've only saw my mother maybe 8 times. My dad didn't want me, he's always told me he hated children."

"That's terrible!" I frowned.

"Would you move in with me? I want to be better. After talking about it all, I want to be better."

"Considering after what happened at home today, I'd be more than happy." I nodded, as he embraced me in to his arms.

"I love you." He mumbled in to my shoulder.

"I love you."