Chapter 26

Sorry for errors if any at all. I'm tired.

We held a private service for my mother on a Sunday. To add to the dismal mood, I was sick as a dog and it was storming outside. Harry didn't go to work today because he needed to be with me. I'm glad he was. It was only my father , Harry , and my mothers father. He hadn't seen her in years and he hadn't seen me in years either. Needless to say, it was awkward.

My mother was cremated and my father didn't know whether to throw the ashes or keep them. I sure as hell didn't want them. That would be terribly weird for me. But we decided to burry the box she was in.

I was still a crying mess. I couldn't even think straight. The past few days have been a living nightmare for me.

"It can't rain forever." Harry said, resting his chin on my head , wrapping his arms around my torso.

"Like, on my life or outside?" I asked, dull.

"Both."

The rain seemed to let up and it was only sprinkling. We were at a small pond at my grandpas house where my mom grew up. They lived on a farm and this was the only place my grandpa could think to put her. My father had dug the hole a few days ago and he placed the the remains of her in there gently. He scooped the wet dirt back over the miniature grave and patted it down. She was about 4-5 feet under now.

A few tears escaped my eyes and Harry wiped them away with a tissue. He's been so good to me.

"Any last words?" My father spoke up.

I shook my head , and we all silently walked off. I would come back another time. Their was a cross I purchased online that I was going to mark where she was , so I would come back when it came in and speak to her privately.

"Mia, you come back any time you want to." My grandpa spoke up. "It'll be nice to see you."

"Thank you, grandpa." I smiled, embracing him. We said our goodbyes and then we left.

"Mia, you've not felt good for a few days, you think maybe a trip to the doctor would do any justice?" My father said, leaning against his car.

"I've made an appointment to go tomorrow." I said.

"Need me to tag along?" He asked.

"No, I'm big enough to go alone." I forced a smile.

-/-/-/-/-/-

"Aren't you excited to graduate next week?" Harry asked, as we drove down the road. I'd actually forgotten all about it. School was already over. It ended last week.

"Um, yeah. Of course. I can't wait to be free."

"You can come live with me!" Harry cheered.

"Um.. I don't.. I don't know." I fiddled with my fingers for a while. I didn't know about living with him. Everything in my life was happening so fast. Good and bad stuff.

"You don't know?" He asked, pulling in to a spot at the doctors office.

"I would have to think on it. That's a big step, don't you think?" I nervously laughed. Last thing I wanted or needed was for him to be angry at me for a stupid reason.