Chapter 25

:(

Everything in my world has been going perfect the past couple of weeks. My dad and Emerald took a break so it was just him and I. We've gotten loads closer since she's gone. She told my father that she and Harry had dated before, and my dad told me. I acted like I didn't know, though. He wasn't mad or anything though. Why would he be? Harry was a bit upset she told, though. After him and my father talked about it, Harry worried less about it.

"Her work has been slacking off a bit here lately, I don't know what to really do about it. People in the same department as her have been complaining that they can't do what they need to because she can't do what she has to." Harry explained to my father.

Harry and I have gotten closer , as well. He and I haven't argued over anything the slightest bit in a long time. He's been nothing but sweet.

"Well, if she can't do the job, Harry, do what you have to do. Don't let me be in the way of your decision. However; you shouldn't kick her while she's down. Even though I'm the one that put her down, but still. Do what a boss has to do."

"I'll give her a couple more days. I'll briefly speak to her about it and if she doesn't get back on track, I'll get someone who will."

"Harry, could we go now?" I asked, impatiently. We were suppose to go to his house to watch movies and he's been talking to my dad for the past hour and a half. You'd think they were dating instead.

"Sure, babe." Harry stood up, his knees popped and my dad made a joke about him being old. I didn't think they would ever stop.

"Bye, dad." I waved. He waved back and we all said our goodbyes.

Once we got to Harry's house we sat on the couch and Harry ordered a pizza. He turned on the TV, and wrapped his arm around me, bringing me closer. Their was a marathon of throwback thrillers on the SyFy channel. Like the Jason movies, Nightmare on Elm Street, and Childs Play. My favorite was Chucky, though. Harry really wasn't fond of it. He didn't like doll movies. They frightened him, and i thought that was a bit funny.

After we finished eating, I cuddled up closer to him, almost in a ball. He gently rubbed my shoulder as we payed attention to the girl being killed in her sleep right in front of her boyfriend who wasn't seeming to care to do anything. These movies were bad at portraying how the characters should react. If it were me watching that, I wouldn't be calling out her name and staring expressionless. I would screaming and going to wake my friends in the other room beside us so that they could witness I wasn't killing her.

"Mia." Harry whispered, his chest vibrated as he spoke.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"Can I tell you something?" He asked.

"Of course." I sat up, meeting his eyes.

"I feel close to you, like you and I have something way more going on than like , a friends with benefits. I know that isn't what we were, but I just have these feelings for you and I haven't felt them in such a long time. Still, though, it is new for me." I nodded for him to go on.

"Now your dad thinks we are together, and we tell people we are, and I know I haven't properly asked you to be my girlfriend. You're already mine and you have been, but it's just not been labeled. I haven't been quite ready to be officially titled." He cracked a small smile. "It sounds stupid, but I'm one hundred percent sure that I'm ready for that to happen, and I want you to be my girlfriend. Will you be my girlfriend, Mia?" His eyes glistened , and he held his bottom lip between his teeth like he was nervous. But he had no reason to be. As if I'd say no..