Chapter 33

After many weeks of anticipation, we finally discovered that our baby was in fact what Harry wanted. A baby girl. And man, was he the happiest man in the world when he found out.

"I told you so! What'd I tell you? Her name will be Maria." He smiled, a giant smile. He's changed what he thought her name should be at least a hundred times since we found out.

Maria, Rosie, Shia, Haley, Cora, Anna, Annabelle, Charlie, Blake, Layla, Natalie, And my least favorite that he's stuck on-- Susan.

He would not shut his mouth about the name Susan. At first, I thought he was joking, but he really actually wants our daughter to be named Susan. Not happening. Never in a million years.

"Harry, you're getting happier every time I see you." The gyno, said once we found out a few weeks ago. And he was, he was getting happier every day. I was thankful for that, too. I was getting more pain and sleepless nights as the days went on.

My feet were swollen, i had carpal tunnel syndrome, my face broke out, and I craved things that I just simply hated. Onions, hot sauce, pickles, peanut butter, and for some reason, captain crunch cereal.

I was opening the seat to my high heel couch when I feel an excruciating pain in my abdomen. I didn't think anything of it, though. It only lasted a few seconds and I'd been to the doctor that day and nothing was wrong.

I still had five weeks left of my pregnancy anyway. That's about a month or so.

I felt the pain three more times , and I started to worry. I called Harry at work on my cellphone. I never called him at work unless it was something urgent. He knows that, too. So he answers very quickly.

"Hello?"

"Harry, I've been feeling this horrible pain." I spoke, as it happened again. I squeezed my eyes shut tightly, knowing it wouldn't suppress the pain I felt. "It just feels awful, I- I don't know if o should go to the hospital."

"Can you drive there? I can meet you or I will come get you, don't drive I'm in the car now. I'm coming. Stay on the phone."

"Okay." I nodded, breaking out in a cold sweat. Harry arrived in less than five minutes, he must've broke every traffic law there is because his work was 10 minutes away from home. He drove quickly to the hospital, asking me stroud and questions as he did so.

"She's pregnant, she's hurting , we need a room now!" Harry said, as he pushed me through the doors of the hospital.

"Ma'am, what type of pain is it?" The nurse asked, as she grabbed my hand and lower back, leading me to a wheelchair.

"I have about five weeks to go in my pregnancy. I went to have my last ultrasound today, and she's doing good. But it's just a sharp pain, very sharp."

"Like contractions? Or Braxton Hicks?"

"I don't know!" I groaned, "it just hurts!"

I was wheeled to a room , placed on a bed with some IV's in my hands. They had the babies heart beat on a screen behind me, and Harry sat beside me , holding my hand.

"I hope Susan is okay, is she okay?" Harry asked me.

"Are you serious? We aren't naming her Susan!" I groaned.

"It's a nice name." He shrugged.

"It's old, not unique. It's bland."

We were silent until the doctor came in. After an hour of being there, they finally came to the conclusion that I was 6 centimeters dilated and I probably have been dilating for a few days now. I would be having this baby before the night was over, and she would be premature.

When we got that news all Harry and I could do was freak out. We hadn't even thought a thing about this. What would happen? What hasn't developed yet?

"Your babies lungs haven't fully developed and she may come out not breathing. So, she will need to be sent to a better hospital so they can put her in special care. She's already dropped down in to your abdomen. She's ready to see you." The doctor smiled. Harry and I weren't smiling. I was crying and Harry was worried as he will ever be.

"We will give you the epidural when you can't take the pain anymore, we'll begin the delivery once you hit 10 centimeters. And everything will be okay, she will be taken care of very well and you can see her whenever you like."

I tried calming down and realizing her words held truth, but I just couldn't bring myself to do so. I wouldn't have a normal birth, I wouldn't just have her and be able to hold her. As soon as she came out, she would be cleaned off and put on a helicopter and transported to the best hospital here which was about 45 minutes away.

"Will we be able to hold her when she gets out?" Harry asked.

"For a brief moment, very few minutes. We will put her in an incubation box because she won't be able to stay warm. She hasn't developed fat to do it on her own. We can roll her in here with you guys for a few minutes before she has to go. But you can't hold her anymore after she's in that."

Harry called my father and told him what was going on. However ; he couldn't make it. He and Emerald were in Texas on a vacation. He said he would be back though in a few days.

I was terrified, needless to say to give birth. I wasn't mentally prepared and I had no idea how bad this was going to stretch and hurt me. After many hurtful contractions later, I finally got the epidural. You could've chopped the lower half of my body off and I wouldn't had felt a thing.

Before I knew it, my legs were propped up, and their were three people standing in front of me, staring right at my lower region which I hadn't prepared for this occasion.

Surprisingly, after few pushes, the doctor said "we see a head!" Harry quickly got in behind the doctor and peeked over her shoulder. His eyes widened and I swear, he didn't blink until the whole baby was out. Harry cut the umbilical cord, very quickly. They rushed to clean her off. She was incredibly small and had a head full of dark brown hair. They wrapped her up very tightly and handed her to me.

I couldn't believe I was holding what has been inside of me all this time. Harry leaned on the bed close to me and kissed her cheek. Her tiny black eyes opened and I smiled at her.

"She's so beautiful." He whispered.

After a few short minutes with her, they had to take her to put her in the box thing where she could be warm. After about thirty minutes they pushed her through the door she wore the tiniest diaper imaginable and she lay on her stomach.

"I thought she couldn't breathe on her own?" I asked.

"Not very good at all." The nurse shook her head. "She will be fine, though. The other nurse, Amanda is bringing in the papers you two will need to fill out. So I Hope you've got a name picked out!" She walked out.

"Susan." Harry smiled. "She looks just like a Susan."

"No she doesn't." I smiled, weakly.

"How about Addison?"

"That's pretty, but I think I think Adeline."

He gasped and smiled at me. "Adeline Rose Styles. Beautiful"

"That's a nice name." I smiled. "You like that?"

"I like it. Totally beats Susan."

"Anything beats Susan." I laughed.

"We have a beautiful baby anyway, she would make Susan sound very good." Harry gave a smug smile. "Bye the way, I'm putting her pictures all over my office."

"You do that, daddy." I smiled.

"Not here." He grinned.