Chapter 45

Just a filler

Three months later

Harry and I have decided to begin planning our wedding. We would be married sometime in February. He wanted something complex while I wanted something simple.

Harry wanted to get married in a secluded place far away from here while we were on vacation.

I argued that none of our friends would be able to come , but he didn't care about that anyway. On the other hand, I did. I wanted people to see me get married so they actually knew it happened. I'd made friends with some women Harry worked with. They seemed nice, they were new so Harry assured me that he hadn't done anything with them.

Their was Jessica, Yvette, and Sam. I'd met a guy Harry worked with named Kenyon as well. He worked with Luke. Every time I came to the office, he ran in to me. He usually goes to lunch the time I come in. I've been coming everyday pretty much to see Harry. We go to lunch together every Tuesday.

"Baby, can we just have a private wedding. Think about it, Haiku Mill in Hawaii. Just me and you surrounded by jasmine and gardenia."

"Harry I want people to come to our wedding." I frowned.

"Okay, babe. I would rather it be more intimate. But, it's your wedding too. Whatever you want, Mia. I would love to fly everyone to Hawaii for a weekend but I'm not that generous."

"Yeah, that'd be great." I smiled.

"Can we at least get married somewhere other than my backyard?" He groaned. "That's all the input I'll have. Just not my yard not my house."

"Sure. Just help me pick out a place."

We decided on the Taglyan Cultural Complex. It has beautiful botanical garden and a beautiful ballroom. The colors are amazing. And it's $115 per person. Added all together, it isn't really hat expensive for Harry. But to me, it was insane.

"Oh Harry we should try somewhere else, this is a little much." I said, shutting the binder full of wedding stuff I had.

"Don't worry about it babe. I have it all under control." He would say every time I mentioned how much something cost.

We were both learning to live with the loss of Adeline and she remained in our hearts everyday. She was watching over us, and we used her as motivation to stay together. As much as we wished she were here, she wasn't. And we had to get over that and carry out our daily lives.

Sure, there were sad days. Some more sad than others , but we got through it together. We had put all of the baby stuff in the garage, not selling it until we found out what kind of baby we were going to have next when we decided to have one.

I was shocked Harry actually wanted another baby considering the fact he didn't even want the first one. I was a little paranoid and scared about having a baby for fear of SIDS or miscarrying it. I was open to all bad things now that it had happened to me firsthand.

Harry had told me that we had to expect the worst but still pray for the best. We had to be ready emotionally for anything and everything.

We decided to get another dog, too. A male friend for Amber. He was a little pup. About four weeks old. He was a mix between several breeds. Cocker spaniel, wiener dog, Rottweiler. Sounds ugly, but he's literally the cutest. He had the shape of a wiener dog, but more built looking. He has the floppy furry ears of a spaniel and the teeth and markings of a Rottweiler. He wasn't mean though. He seemed to be excited most of the time, but as the days went by he got used to us all and now he's lazy. You can literally pick him up and put him anywhere , any way and he would be fine with it.

He slept on his back on the couch with all fours in the air. He was a funny dog. We loved him very much. He was playful when you wanted him to be and he never bit.

Amber seemed to like him, too. He would chase her around the yard several times until Amber got tired. She was a German Shepard mixed with something I don't remember. Beautiful, grey fur. Light blue eyes. She was a pretty dog. She was big, bigger than our new dog Mr.Gru.

Harry and I watched minions and we -- (I mean he) decided on Mr.Gru.

Things were going fine right now in our lives, and I was looking forward to what was to come.