Chapter 3: Just Us

Ian's POV

I smiled, thinking about my mate being a klutz. She's not a plastic girl. She's actually normal, and that's rare for people at this school from what I've seen. "Dayum, I can't stop thinking about her." I gushed, falling onto Theo.

"Control your wolf." Theo hissed, and Hunter and Tanner laughed.

"This is me!" I smirked, making a kissy-face at Theo.

"Don't you freaking dare."

Leaning in, I kissed him on the lips.

"HOLY SH*T!" Theo yelled, shoving me back into Tanner, who caught me.

"You want seconds?" Tanner asked, licking his lips.

"Okay, I think I'm done..." I said wearily, causing the guys to laugh. "Gosh, this is so gay." Hunter grinned as we walked to our Jeep.

Suddenly, we noticed Elsie and Cider talking near a car, presumably one of theirs, an old Chevy truck that looked like it could break down at any minute. I used my wolf hearing to hear their conversation, and I'm guessing the others did too.

"I'm sorry about him." Elsie was saying.

"It's not your fault I made a deal with him. 'Friends with benefits ain't gon cut it'." Cider mocked in the tone of a whiny little girl.

Deal with who? Theo mind-linked to us.

"You need a ride?" Elsie asked, hopping into the truck.

"No. My mom is at work until ten o'clock, so I better walk home." Cider smiled, but it looked faux.

"That makes no sense!"

"Mhm."

"Gah! You're so confusing!" Elsie shut the door and started the ignition.

"I know." Cider smirked, walking towards the sidewalk. Elsie drove away, and we hopped into our Jeep in silence.

Tanner's POV

"Tanner!" Eme, my little sister, squealed, throwing her arms around me. "You smell like pine trees and caramel. Did you..."

"Yes. I did." There was silence. A silence that gave me enough time to exchange glances with the guys and get out of the Jeep. Eme removed herself from me. She looked me directly in the eyes, and screamed.

"Aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! You found your mate! Oh, I'm so proud! I'm gonna have a sister! Yes!" Everyone outside stared at us, some of the girls glaring at me in disgust. I sheepishly smiled and nodded.

"Yes I did," I said through gritted teeth. "Yay, my brother's not a slut anymore!"

"Eme, sluts are girls." I laughed as we walked into the pack house.

"I thought you were a girl." she teased, and I groaned.

"Your sister's got a point, dude." Hunter smirked, and Ian giggled.

"You two should be a couple. You're so cute together." Theo said, and their eyes widened.

"Hell no!" Ian exclaimed.

"Ian! Language!" An elderly female voice hissed. Our heads snapped to the counter, where Ian's grandmother glared at him, sipping on a Coke that read Share a Coke with Desmond, which ironically was the name of her mate.

I gave her a gun with my hand and made that clicking noise with my teeth, And she did the same. That woman thought of me as an angel. And honestly, I don't see why. I smiled, and waved goodbye to my pals and sister as I went into the elevator and pressed 13 on the button panel.