Chapter 33: Back to School

Cider's POV

I walked into school knowing that I wouldn't be getting out of this hellhole for five more months. The boys offered to drive us, and we gladly accepted. But Ian was driving and Elsie was in the passenger seat, leaving us six in the back. Since there were only three seats, we had to sit on our boyfriends' laps.

Uh, would we even call them 'boyfriends'? I don't even know.

Once we got out and were in the school, we waved goodbye to Aria, Utica, and Hunter and headed for English. We sat down in our seats and I instantly felt uncomfortable. Is it bad that I recognized at lot of these people from the pack?

"Don't look behind you." Elsie sniggered, elbowing me. I rolled my eyes, smirking.

The bell rang, and the teacher immediately walked in, sitting down at her desk.

"So, what did you guys do over summer break?" she asked, smiling.

Teach, you have no idea. I imagined myself raising my hand and saying, 'I got kidnapped by a bunch of wolves, then almost died because of a vampire and decided I love that wolf. No biggie.'

Elsie raised her hand, and I thought, 'Is she gonna tell?'

"Yes, Elsie?" The teacher pointed at Elsie.

"I went to England." she replied nonchalantly.

I could hear Theo and Ian stifling their laughter one seat back.

"Ooo! Where'd you go?"

"Eh, just visited an old castle. It wasn't all that interesting."

"That's awesome! Levi, what'd you do over break?"

•  •  •

Hunter's POV

I walked into the staff room and got greeted with cheers. I high-fived everyone that offered it to be, an embarrassed blush rising to my face. Then, Ari walked in, receiving the same treatment that everyone gave me. She also blushed and smiled sheepishly, which was extremely adorable. She hugged JJ, which sent a pang of jealousy through me.

But then again, I think JJ's gay...oh well. She walked over to her chair and sat down, smiling at me. I smiled back.

"Oooo!" Angela chirped, walking over to us. "I see something going on here..." I pointed at both of us, and I felt the heat coming onto my face.

"Aha!" she snapped her fingers, pointing at our cheeks. We looked at each other's cheeks, then looked away, blushing.

"I think you're in love, Arianna." Angela whispered into Ari's ear, but I could hear with my wolf hearing. She blushed and pushed her away, earning a laugh from Angela.

"I ship it." she announced before going back over to her own desk.

"Okay, everybody. Even though it's been break, we need to get our heads in the game. We only have five months, which may seem like a lot, but in reality we only have two and a half months. So get out there and do your thing!" Everyone whooped and got up, scurrying out the door to the stage. Ari looked back at me, and our eyes met, but she quickly blushed and looked away.

She's adorable. Dylan sighed. He's thankfully been getting better since the mate bond has been growing. We've been connecting as well.

I know. I gushed, turning around to log onto my computer.

"Aria, get your tinny ass over here." I could here JJ say. I growled as I typed my password.

"Okay, calm your gay ass down, J." Okay, it was just playful. Good. Gosh, I feel so over protective now. I mean, Theo's the possessive one, but I think knowing that Ar's my mate just makes me want to keep her safe from anything.

It's been pain not having a mate when I should've had one. I was supposed to shift at sixteen, but I was messed up. I finally shifted before school started, and as soon as she entered the classroom, Dylan was going crazy. I did what I had to do.

But the past is in the past. I'm just thankful I have such an amazing mate who loves me back.

"Hunter, you love her." Angela smirked.

"I know."

Cider's POV

I quickly maneuvered the ball past the cones, then kicked it right over Chelsie's head and scored a goal. We were just practicing for the upcoming game this Saturday, so we were taking turns shooting at Chelsie, our goalie. Everyone clapped and I ran off the field and sat on the bench with Ui and the rest of the team.

Another girl went up in my place, and I absentmindedly looked over at the football field next to our soccer field and watched the boys play. I smirked once I saw number twenty-five sprinting with the ball like his life depended on it. He's obviously the running back."He's so good," I mumbled.

"What number is Theo?" Utica asked, also watching them.

"Twenty-Five. Tanner's a linebacker, right?"

"Yeah. Number thirty-two. Ian's a wide receiver; eighty-eight."

I can't believe I know that much about football. I guess your football star running back Dad makes your life all about sports, so even when you're absolutely positive that there won't be any playing football in your life, you still have to watch it on the field and tv.

"Coach, can I use the restroom?" I asked after stepping down from the metal bleachers.

"Go ahead, Moses. Be quick," she told me, and I ran towards the locker room's side entrance. I quickly took off my knee pads and shin guards, then did my business in one of the stalls. Afterwards I washed my hands and dried them, then put my foreleg stuff back on.

As I made my way back into the locker room (in the very back is another room where restrooms and showers are. That's where I was), I saw a football player with his helmet still on covering his face. He was in the one locker bank with the creepy messed up light that flickered on and off at its own will.

Our eyes met, and I scrunched my nose. They were oddly familiar...Then, he took off his helmet.

"Hey, Cider."

"What do you want, John? We're through, remember?" I snapped.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry." he replied innocently.

"Well fine. But stay the frick away from me."

"Away from you and your new boyfriend?"

"Yeah. Bye, then."

But as I was walking away, I heard John mutter, "I should've known that dumb mate of yours would finally get through to your thick wolf skull."