Chapter 6: Ari's Decision

Picture above is Hunter 😲😲😲 I'm dead oh my life #DreamBoy . Imagine him with bluer eyes, like turquoise. Hello sexy my lordt (Danish for the s word. Yes, I'm part Danish. Get on my level). Enjoy! 😈

Aria's POV

After I waved goodbye to Elsie, who was checking in with Mr. Lovell, the Drama Teacher, I was heading backstage to finally interact with people that understand what it's like to be the one kid who's always silent. It's not that I don't like the girls...really, I appreciate their company...It's just when the only person you could let your guard down around stabs you in the back, it's hard to want to destroy it again.

Opening a door that said BACKSTAGE TECH in all caps, I was greeted with many smiling faces and cheers. "Hey, Ari!" Miguel grinned, high-fiving me. He usually worked the lighting above the stage. 

"Hey!" Angela smirked, waving at me. She and her older sister in twelfth grade, Draven, were the best costume designers in the world. The clothes always looked so real, there wasn't a single person who would've imagined they're made by seventeen-year-olds.

Draven, however, was busy sitting at a desk, sketching away in her notebook. She was probably drawing out designs for the musical. A few other kids named Logan, Alex, and JJ were apart of the crew, loitering around on the couch, along with a few others I didn't recognize. These were my people. This was my home. I took a seat at a computer and logged in using my name, when the door opened, revealing our next Manager. More hollers and whoops dispersed throughout the room, but I didn't have to turn around to know who it was.

Hunter.

At the end of every year when the seniors graduate, the Stage Manager elects a new upcoming senior to take his or her place. The only juniors on staff last year were Draven, Hunter, and me. Everyone wanted Hunter to be the Manager. I wanted him to the Manager. So, he became the Manager.

"Hey guys!" Hunter smirked. I rolled my eyes and logged onto an audio editing software and scrolled through the tracks just to act like I was doing something. "If I can have your attention, please. We are going to kickstart this operation!"

Yeahs erupted, and I turned around in the swivel chair. "Alright." Hunter walked over to another computer two down from mine, a laptop, and sat down in the chair in front of it. That was his mini office, the dick. "Raise your hand if you're a newcomer or a Freshman."

About four people raised their hands. They probably thought this would be fun. Hah, no. It's tough work. Of course, we have our share of laughs, but after the first week, I'll bet you one million dollars that two or three of those kids will drop out. It happens every year. I smirked at their shy faces as they put their hands down.

"You all need to know the jobs of a tech. There's the Manager—" He pointed to himself. "—but I've always been a sound tech until now. Sound techs monitor the sound and control the music. There's the costume designer," A newbie's eyes lit up. "But we already have that covered." The newbie groaned and stomped out the room and slammed the door behind her. We all stared at the door in shock, but we quickly snapped back to Hunter.

"Uh...there's the visual tech, and they do the background props and items used in the musical. There's lighting and spotlight tech, but we usually just call them 'flash tech'."

Hunter went on about a few more jobs and rules, and then he told us where our positions would be. "Angela and Draven, you're our costume designers. Miguel and Alex, you're flash tech. Dan, Logan, and Timothy will be visual tech, and JJ and Aria will be sound tech."

"What about a Co-Manager?" JJ asked.

"It should be Ari. She works hard every year." Angela smiled at me and smiled back. Does she actually think that? "Yeah, and I won't have enough time to even pay attention to anything but the costumes, so don't even waste your time on me." Draven smirked haughtily. She was known to be a little conceited, but she had good intentions. I blushed slightly when people began chanting my name.