Chapter 48: The Fandom Games

Yes I know I JUST added (Wattys 2016) to the title, but I've been entered since people could enter back in summer.

This chapter will resemble Chapter 19: The Snow Ball a lot. Enjoy.

Aria's POV

Today's a dark day for the world of Florence, Oregon. Why, you ask? Ha. Ha. Ha. Well, today is The Fandom Games. Yes, you heard me right. Every year on the final day of Spirit Week (Friday), the Seniors do a thing called The Fandom Games, where we all dress up as characters from different fandoms and duel to the death...or in this case, play laser tag. We rent out a bunch of laser tag equipment like the guns and the vests from the downtown bowling alley that also has a gigantic arcade and duke it out. Alvin and AJ won in their class, so everyone expects me to continue the legacy. Eventually Ashton will carry the burden of the Swits.

Elsie's POV

Ian took that a lot better than I expected yesterday. I was so worried he'd leave me or something...

The bathroom door opened, and I looked up from my little cocoon to see Ian with sad yet sweet eyes. He instantly brought me into a hug, his warmth radiating off of him. "A-Are you mad?" I sputtered.

"Never. I'd never be mad at you. I'd only be mad at you if you took the last slice of pizza."

I giggled and flicked his forehead lightly. "C-Can I stay the night over at the pack house?"

"Netflix and chill!"

"Huzza!"

We stayed up all night, so I'm beat. If this was his tactic to get me tired so I'd fail the Games, he's got another thing coming. He's also tired, so we'll both loose. Ha! I'm dressed up as Leia Organa from Star Wars since most Seniors in The Fandom Games dress up as cool people, bad b*tches, or badasses. When I entered my class, I smiled at Cider who looked like Kylo Ren from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, but she only glared with a glint of evil in her eye. I sat down next to her and asked, "What's up?"

No reply. "Cider, are you mad at me?"

"This is war. There's no friendship in war." she muttered.

"Oooooohhhh, you're taking this to-the-max-serious. I get it. Fine, this is war." I smirked, grinning evilly.

Ian and Theo walked in with serious looks on their faces (including baggy eyes on Ian's behalf), but we only glared and ignored them. Ian's Peeta from The Hunger Games and Theo's Iron Man. Teehee! That's so accurate for meatcakes over there!

*  *  *

Utica's POV

Oh, it's such a shame today's the annual Purge. Seriously though, if the Purge was real, I'd go to every KFC and get all the food I want. Cider, you're going down. Elsie and Ari don't really seem like they'd have a chance of winning (shameless friend-shaming is shameless), so I'm betting my money on Mo-CIDER. Ugh...Why do I keep calling her Mom? Insert crying emoji here, insert crying-laughing emoji here. Lel, Cider honestly does seem like the mom of the group. I'm the annoying sibling, Elsie's the one who goes out and parties all the time, and Ari's the oldest sibling who just can't wait to move out.

Once fourth hour was over and I took the time to death-glare Tanner (who was dressed as Sans from Undertale. I'm Chara from Undertale. No, this wasn't planned), Coach led us to the Cafeteria after shushing us a million and one times. We ate lunch quickly (we had to bring a sack lunch or buy lunch because we couldn't carry it around) and watched the principal stating the rules.

"One: no hand-to-hand combat. Two: teaming is allowed, but know that only one person can win. Three: you may go outside, but do not go outside the fence or cross the street. We have policemen standing where your boarder is, so don't go past them or try to.