Chapter 56: Their Past

[Oo-sue-kay] <-- Usuke [Nee-ord-weem] <-- Niordweihm

Aria's POV

Shanté teleported us to a place that looked like a tiny straw hut in the woods. She snapped her fingers, and the brown bamboo door opened. She beckoned us to follow her inside, and Ian went in first, followed by Tanner, then Theo, and then me and Hunter. I stood close to him, not trusting the witch. Something about her is fishy...and it's not just that awful smell of the sea in her hut. I mean, I somehow scented out Elsie's child--which reminds me...

OH NO SHE'S PREGNANT!! CRAP!!!! WE HAVE TO HURRY UP AND SAVE THEM!

"Where are we?" Tanner asked as we all looked the place.

Oak wood shelves where everywhere, potion bottles with colorful liquids inhabiting them. The floor was also an oak color, along with the long table that had a lot of weird equipment on it. Probably for making potions and creating spells and charms. There was also a huge bookshelf to the right of us that took up that whole wall. It was filled with books, the bindings all worn out. Papers were scattered along the floor untidily, and there was a giant cauldron in the center.

"We're in Usuke on planet Niordweihm. This is where I'm from."Shanté explained.

"Why don't you use a mixer?" Hunter questioned, pointing at the cauldron.

"I use the classics. Those mixers are just total trash. All they do is make potions the easy way. They don't do exact measurements, as well."

"Understandable." Ian mumbled.

"Alright. Here are the invisibility potions..." Shanté went over to one the shelves with a periwinkle liquid in the bottles and grabbed five of them, standing on her tippy-toes to reach them.

"...And here are the scent-masking ones." She moved onto a shelf that was closer to her height and grabbed four of the bottles that looked like they contained Sprite due to its clearness and the bubbles fizzing around.

She handed a potion to each of the boys, but kept the final invisibility potion for herself. "I'll take you back to the gates, but you need to drink them first. I'll prove that the invisibility one is good."

She popped the cork out of the bottle and drank the liquid down. She began fading, starting from her feet, then her legs, then her stomach, chest, neck, head, and finally arms. "Hurry, we mustn't wait another moment."

The boys quickly drank the invisibility potions, Hunter holding my left hand while doing so. They all disappeared, but I could still feel his hand in mine.

"You'll have to trust me with the scent-masking potions." you could hear Shanté's voice speak.

Hunter's POV

Everything was filtered red. I could see the witch and Ian, Tanner, and Theo. I could see Aria, but I knew she couldn't see me. I made sure I had a tight grip on her hand. Even though she knows I'm here with her, she's probably feeling alone, so I wanted to let her know I'm still here despite the obvious.

"You'll have to trust me with the scent-masking potions." Shanté ordered.

I looked at the boys wearily, and they replied with the same look.

"...I'll do it." Before we could stop Tanner, he took out the cork and chugged it down. I was worried something bad would happen for a second, but then, I couldn't smell Tanner.

"It works." he said.

We all copied his actions and put the empty bottles on the table likeShanté instructed. She then said some words, and we all were back in front of the gates. The guards were too distracted their mates visiting them to notice Aria, so we all used that time to run.