Chapter 39: The Ceremony

I've entered the Wattys! Please share my story on social media, go back to chapters and vote, and comment! I seriously need all the help I can get!

Hey, I need some questions that you want to ask the cast! Comment here or at the end of Roasty, Toasty Marshmallow. I seriously wanna do this, so gimme dem questions! Don't be shy!

I got this chapter idea from an Aphmau episode. Comment if you like Aphmau ayyeeeee

Elsie's POV

I looked around the forest, searching for something. Honestly, it wasn't anything in particular. I just needed some air. I eventually found the beach along the coast below me, and I slid down the hill in order to get to it. I rested my back against the hill and felt the sand seeping into my flip flops. Sand always soothed me. I don't know why. I guess it's because I never went to the beach a whole lot, and getting to see this magnificent view and feel the beach's love was so rare.

I found myself drifting off into sleep, but I quickly opened my eyes. People had been on the beach, but they weren't there anymore. Maybe I really did fall asleep...But the sun still looks like it's setting like it was a second ago. I stood up and brushed the sand off of my butt before getting up and walking along the shore. I noticed there were two people in the distance. I began quickening my pace.

"Excuse me! Hi, I need hel—" My eyes widened at the two people in front of me. It was a boy and a girl. The girl had a pink sweater with a shooting star on it just like Mabel Pines from Gravity Falls, and the boy had a white and medium blue baseball cap on with a same shade of blue pine tree on it. He also had a royal blue vest on and an orange shirt underneath. It was just like Dipper Pines...But the people looked like...Theo and Aria?

"Oh, hey there, chummy chum chum pal!" Ari grinned, showing off her braces. She didn't have braces...

"Uh, Ari?" I asked, wrinkling my nose.

"Who's 'Ari'? I'm Mabel!"

"Okay..." What the heck?

"I'm Dipper." Theo nodded towards me. He had an old torn up book in his hand with a gold six-fingered hand in the center with the number three in it.

"Okay, guys. Not funny."

They looked at each other, and then looked back at me. "I'm sorry, who are you, exactly?"

"I'm your best friend, Elsie?! Hello!"

Ari burst out laughing and shook her head. "Nah, Grenda and Candy are my best friends. But I'm more than happy to be your friend, Elsie!"

"Mabel, look!" Theo pointed behind us, and she gasped. I spun around to see Hunter stalking towards us. He wore a light blue suit and this weird cyan medallion that shined in the light. Did I mention that his hair was, like, ten inches tall and glossy?

"Why, Hello, Mabel." Hunter said in a...country accent? It wasn't totally country...but it was southern-infused. "Dipper." he glared at Theo, who rolled his eyes.

"Whadya want, Gideon?" Ari groaned, pressing her fingers to her temple.

"Mabel, I want you to be my Queen!" Hunter raised his voice.

"We live in a democracy!" she retorted.

Then, a tall girl drove up to us and halted right in front of Hunter, making sand fly into his hair. She had one of those Arctic hat-thingies. "Gah! My perfectly glossy hair!" Hunter squealed, running around in circles with his hands in the air.

"Hey, dudes." The girl said cooly. Wait——Cider?! Theo blushed deeply and cleared his throat, leaning on Ari's shoulder.

"H-Hey, Wendy." he stammered, smiling.