Preference 3/3

blub

A/N: Sorry part ⅓ and 3/3 are longer than 2/3 . It's not because I don't like Peter, (I love Peter,) I just have a hard time writing fighting scenes, especially between couples. Also, this one is going to be modern because it will make the storyline more believable. Alright! On with the oneshot:

Modern Preference: Your first kiss

Y/N's POV

"Ed, I'm bored." I complained, locking my phone and tossing it on my bed. My best friend/crush Edmund was over today. We had already finished homework that was due on Monday and hadn't planned anything else for the day. It was 11:00 on Saturday and he was staying for dinner. We had hours.

"Well," Ed said, scrolling through his Instagram next to me on my bed," how about you show me your horse?"

"Oh my gosh. How did I forget that?" I said, standing up. Me and my family lived on a piece of land not far from the city. We had had horses that each of us, my parents, brother and I, show in competitions. I'm the only one who shows English. (A/N: Sorry for all of the horse terms! I'm speaking from experience here, so trust me!) I had been wanting to show Edmund my horse, but I never got around to it. He might just want to see it, but I have something else planned.

I walked over to my closet were my breeches were hanging up. Closing the door behind me, I grabbed some black ones and changed into them. I decided to keep my 'Music Is My Escape' tank top on since it was just a casual ride. I grabbed my black tall boots and put them on. I opened the closet doors and stepped out, going in front of my mirror to put my hair in a side braid.

"What are you doing?" Edmund asked.

"Putting my hair into a braid." I smiled. He sighed, face palming.

"That's not what I meant." He replied."Aren't those the pants and boots you wear for riding?" He questioned. I stifled laughter.

"You pay that much attention to my Instagram photos?" I accused. Edmund had never been to any of my shows and had only seen my riding gear in my social media photos. A light dusting of pink settled on his cheeks, making me laugh. "Yes, these are the things I wear for riding." I finished tying my hair back and grabbed my phone. "You ready?" I asked him, hands on my hips.

"Sure." He replied. He grabbed his phone, put it in his pocket and followed me out the door.

"Okay," I started as we walked to the barn," What do you know about horses?" I asked. I opened the barn door, with difficulty.

"Um..." I took his lack of an answer as an answer.

"Alright. The basic thing is don't walk behind them. Don't make too loud of a noise, or they might spook. Don't touch anything. Let me do the rest." I explained. Edmund nodded and followed me to the first stall on the right, which enclosed a midnight black mare.

"Ed, meet my horse, Tumblr." I announced, smiling. He burst out laughing, cause Tumblr to raise her head from her feed.

"You named her Tumblr?" He asked, calming down. I nodded and he smiled. "You are such a nerd." I grinned at that. I took it as a complement.

"Ok, so now I'm going to open the stall door, go in and put her halter on." I cautioned. I grabbed the halter and put it on my arm while I opened the door. Being the great horse she is, Tumblr raised her head and let me slip the halter on with ease. I moved my grip to the lead rope and lead her to the cross ties. I hooked her up on both sides.

"Ed, can you grab my brush box?" I asked, patting a bit of Tumblr's mane into place.

"Where is it?" He retorted.