Edmund Oneshot-Requested

blub

Oneshot for _gtfobea :Something Edmund in Narnia

Y/N's POV

I stood inside of mine and Edmund's room, waiting for him to get here. I had asked him to make room in his schedule and to be in our room at a certain hour. I really wanted him to see what I had to show him.

You see, I had been exercising a lot lately, dieting and such. I was comfortable with my body, and so was Edmund, but I always felt a little bigger than other girls, namely Susan and Lucy, my best friends. It was becoming difficult for me to feel relaxed around everyone, so I decided to take initiative and work on my body.

While other girls just wanted to be skinny and tan, I actually worked to lose fat and build muscle. I had taken a ride every morning and evening, along with a jog around the castle grounds. I had asked the cooks to prepare more healthy meals for me, all of the required nutrients going into each one. I also started to take better care of my body. I didn't always have my hair up so it would grow stronger. I washed my face with soaps daily. I properly groomed my nails. I felt a lot better and cleaner now-a-days.

Although I didn't necessarily aim to lose weight, I did lose some. Most of it was around my arms and stomach, the tightest places in my dresses. This posed an issue. I wasn't properly fitting into my dresses, and Peter and Caspian noticed, despite my efforts to hide it. They had asked me why they weren't fitting. I had explained to them my plan, and while they both said I had always looked beautiful, they agreed that I need new dresses. They rounded up the royal seamstress, Susan and Lucy. They all helped me choose the most flattering colors, cuts and patterns. It was mostly Caspian and Peter helping, however. They had advised the girls to sit this one out, saying they had better knowledge of what Edmund would like. The girls scoffed, sitting down and watching the entire time. I have to say, Cas and Pete did pretty good.

I sat on our bed, waiting for Ed. I was just wearing my robe and undergarments, as I wanted to show him the new dresses and my improved body.

A knock rapped at the door, startling me. I stood up, walking to the door. I put my hand on the knob but hid myself behind the door as I wasn't exactly clothed. I turned the knob and opened the door, peeking my head out. Edmund was standing there, looking a bit curious on why I was being so secretive. I motioned him inside and closed the door quickly.

"Hello Cuddle Bug." Ed greeted, wrapping his arms around my waist and pressing a kiss to my cheek. I smiled, wrapping my arms around his neck and resting my head on his shoulder.

"Hi Lover Boy." I taunted back. A chuckle resonated through his chest, only filling me with more anxiety.

"Is there any particular reason you wanted me here at such a specific time?" He asked, pulling away from me too an arms length. I smiled, trying not to show how nervous I was.

"I wanted to show you something." I said. He looked at me oddly.

"Does it have anything to do with the fact that you are only wearing a robe?" He asked, smirking. I smirked back and hit the back of his head, hard. He playfully glared at me, rubbing the back of his head.

"It does." I revealed, guiding him to sit on the foot our bed." Let me explain." I said, sitting on the bed next to him.

"Explain away." He said. I took a deep breath and explained everything from my lifestyle changes to the seamstress session. While I was telling him about how Caspian and Peter noticed my change in size, he muttered something under his breath. It seemed like something along the lines of 'pigs', to which I laughed.

"Can I see the dresses?" He asked, bluntly. I giggled. Straight to the point.

"Yes, yes you can." I answered, getting up and walking towards the divider that I change behind. I walked around it, only to see one dress. I frowned. I had never seen this dress before, but it was the only one that was hanging up, meaning it was the only dress to show. I slowly changed into it, stalling intentionally. I tried to fix my hair a bit more, smoothing out the nonexistent wrinkles in the soft fabric. I turned around and walked about from behind the makeshift wall.

"By Aslan's mane..." Ed stared me up and down, making me cross my arms over myself, self-conscious. Edmund quickly stood up and moved my arms away. He kissed my lips softly. I smiled, happy that he liked it.

"Do you like it?" I asked, wanting to make sure.

"I love it." He whispered. I turned back to the mirror and he stood behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist. He rested his head on my shoulder, leaning into my neck.

"What's your favorite part?" I wondered aloud. He smiled, looking at me in the mirror.

The dress was white, with a very wedding dress feel. It had thin straps and detached sleeves that were made of a silky fabric, waterfalling down my arms to the ground. There was a sweetheart neckline that didn't show too much skin. The torso was covered in Celtic stitchwork and was a slightly darker color than the other stitching. There was a ribbon at the hips. The skirt of the dress fell down to the ground and trained around behind me. It was beautiful.

"Probably the model." He answered slyly. I blushed hard. Edmund laughed and kissed my cheek.

"I'm going to tell you something, Y/N." Ed started."You can't be mad at me." I scowled. What can't I be mad at him about?

"Where is this going?" I asked. I was filled with fear.

"Cas and Pete told me about your plan. They made sure the seamstress had your measurements and made this dress, making sure it was the only one you had to try on. They wanted you to be wearing it when I did this." He said. Edmund broke contact with me and knelt down on one knee, digging into his pocket. He pulled out a small box. He held it in his hands and opened it, revealing a simple engagment ring.

I gasped and raised a hand to my mouth. This was actually happening.

"Y/N, one of the many things I love about you is how understanding you are. You understand how bad I am at speeches, so I'm not going to give one." He sighed, love filling his features."Y/N L/N, will you marry me?"

"Yes."