Peter Mini

blub

(A/N: Hey guys! So, in honor of it being my spring break, I'm going to be posting a mini oneshot every day until the 26th! All of these are prompts from Tumblr. Remember to eat something, drink some water and take your meds! Love you!)

Line prompt: Why is it always you?

The Kings and Queens sat quietly at the breakfast table, conversation kept to a minimum as they devoured the chocolate chips pancakes Lucy had requested. Edmund read the book that was open beside his plate, Susan penned a letter in between pieces of strawberry, Lucy worked on compiling a list of things she needed for an upcoming festival and Peter had notes sprawled out on the table in front of him, his plate pushed to the side after practically inhaling his meal.

Servants came and went throughout the morning, bringing food or taking plates away. When someone appeared behind Peter to tell him something, he didn't think much of it, assuming it was someone here to tell him that the line for open court after breakfast was overflowing, but, then again, when wasn't it?

"Your majesty, the bandit Y/N has been arrested again." Peter nearly banged his fists against the table.

The bandit Y/N, as the people of Cair Paravel had affectionately been calling her, was girl around Peter's age that only stole from noblemen and upper class people that could afford to replace whatever she had taken. Edmund had mentioned admiring her way about things, but Peter had quickly shut him up. The girl was a pain in the neck, a thorn in his side which the High King had been working to rid himself of for nearly a year.

Her continued reign of thievery was difficult to stop, not for lack of trying, but fact that she, after so many visits to them, now knew the inner workings of the dungeon, and how to escape it. She knew most of the people that were kept there for long periods of time from the streets, and on many occasions they had helped to smuggle her keys, extra food, weapons and nearly anything they could get their hands on. Their loyalty and willingness to her was an odd phenomenon that even the best doctors in Cair Paravel couldn't understand.

Peter stood up quickly, his chair skidding loudly on the stone floor, causing his siblings to direct their attention to their older brother, who was looking quite miffed in the moment.

"What is it?" Lucy asked, confused by Peter's outburst.

"I cannot let her get away this time!" He said, taking off through the open doors of the dining room.

Minutes later, Peter pushed open the door to the dungeons. It didn't take long for him to find Y/N; the guards always took her to the same cell.

"Why is it always you?" He asked her, coming up to grip the bars of her cell.

"Why do you always come to see me?" she countered. She moved to stand in front of him, making them nearly nose to nose. "You seem to have some fascination with me, your highness."

"It's your majesty-"

"Yes," she taunted. "How could I forget?"