Preference

blub

Preference: He meets your parents

Requested by:

Caspian: Narnia

Caspian won them over immediately.

Honestly, you were more worried than he was. Your parents have very high expectations, and while you believed Cas more than fit the criteria. You were still nervous. You hadn't, however, told your parents that you were dating the king.

They immediately assumed that you were in trouble. Why else would the king be at our doorstep, they thought. The thought didn't cross their mind that the king of Telmar was hopelessly, hilariously in love with their daughter.

Caspian did great. He was funny and charismatic, winning them over instantly. They loved him even more than they had before. They were especially pleased that he made you happy. That's all that mattered, in Caspian's mind.

Peter: England, Modern

Peter intimidated them.

Peter, although he had returned from Narnia forever, had a bad habit of closing of his emotions to new people, as though, like it was in Narnia, one false move could start a war. This habit was especially a hindrance when he met your parents.

He was very closed off, though he held your hand tight in his. Your father pulled you away for a second to express his doubts. He thought Peter didn't really care for you, and that he couldn't possibly love anyone, with the way he was acting. You were appalled. When you went back to your mother and Peter, you pulled out your phone to text F/N for a favor. She was the captain of Peter and your ship, as she liked to call herself. You knew she had a certain video of Peter consoling you when you were crying, for some reason. She said it was for evidence that (ship name) existed.

You showed your parents the video. In said video, you were crying, for a reason you couldn't remember. Peter was sitting crossed legged on the floor, with you laying in his lap sideways. His arms were around you and he was whispering comforting things in your ear. In the video, kissed your forehead and you snuggled further into Peter's chest. You fell asleep in his arms, and the last thing in the video is Peter carrying you out of the shot.

Your father apologized for doubting Peter, long story short.

Edmund: England, not modern.

Edmund was timid and shy.

Edmund had expressed concern about meeting your parents. You shrugged it off, thinking it was just nerves. You really should have listened to him.

When he's nervous or anxious, Ed gets really timid and fragile. He clings to you so it doesn't show that his hands are shaking.

Your dad wondered aloud if Edmund could support you, should the relationship go that far.

Your mother was not happy with him, to say the least. She completely adored Ed, but she wanted for him to show your father how much he adored you. Your mother came up with the idea that you would pretend to get hurt and see what Edmund does. You smiled, loving your mother's idea.

Your parents had one of those conversation pit things where you have to step down to get to the couches where everyone was sitting. You said you were going to get a drink. You stepped up a stair and pretended to slip and fall, wincing as though you had hurt your ankle. Edmund immediately took action.

He lept up from the couch and picked you up bridal style, careful of your ankle. He set your down on the couch and propped up your leg and head with pillows. He made a huge fuss, asking if you were alright, what you needed, where it hurt. You and your mother started to laugh while your father sat in awe and Edmund just looked confused.