Preference

blub

(A/N: Hey guys! How is/are school/work/daily activities going for y'all? If you want to rant, feel free to do it here. I've been told I'm a good listener 0.0 Anyways, remember to eat something, drink some water and take your meds! Love you!)

1940's/Narnia Preference: You meet the family

Caspian

*cough cough*...No.

Peter

Eustace tried to hit on you.

You had already met his siblings and parents, but none of his extended family. Peter didn't want you to meet them, saying that bad things would happen and that they weren't exactly pleasant. You shook it off, assuming that he was just overreacting and that his family would be perfectly normal. They weren't.

You were dressed to the nines as Peter opened your car door, helping you out of the car. He knew that wearing heels of any height wasn't exactly your specialty.

"Are you alright?" Peter laughed, keeping an arm around your waist so you wouldn't trip on the cobble driveway. His father's side of the family was having a reunion, so he brought you.

"I'll be fine, as long as you are there to catch me," you said, smiling in acknowledgment of how cheesy your words were. Peter laughed more, leaning down to catch your lips in a quick kiss before leading you up the pathway and to the door.

"Peter! Y/N!" Edmund said as he opened the door. "Thank Aslan you're here!"

"What's wrong, Ed?" You asked him.

"Aunt Alberta and mum are fighting again," he said, his shoulders drooping.

'Aunt Alberta?' you mouthed to Peter, who looked rather frustrated already.

"Mum's sister, our aunt," Peter said, tightening his grip on your waist.

"Come in," Ed said. "We need some more sane people in here."

You followed Edmund inside and down the front hallway to the living room, were the not-so-friendly debate was going on. When he noticed you in the doorway, a blond boy who resembled who you assumed was Aunt Alberta raced over, his pristinely polished shoes clacking away at the hardwood.

"Hello, cousin," he said, regarding Peter. He turned to you and smirked, putting his hands on his hips. "Well, with you here," he said, looking you up and down, "this whole thing might not be so bad."

"Eustace," Edmund warned. Peter was way ahead of him.

"Back off," Peter growled, stepping forward as though he was going to have to protect you.

Edmund, standing behind Eustace now, leaned forward and whispered to him, "That was a mistake."

Edmund

It was his first time seeing them in years.

You had met Edmund while studying abroad in America. I know, odd choice, but you were both from Europe and honestly wanted to get out of there. You finished your degree and left back for Europe before Edmund did. After a few months of short letters, he wrote to you, saying that he was coming back to finish his studying in Europe and that he wanted to introduce you to his family. You agreed, assuming that he would take a bit of time to catch up with them and then, after a while, call you and take you to meet them. That wasn't what happened.

Early one Saturday, not long after he was supposed to have arrived home, Edmund showed up at your house. You weren't ready to go out by any means and quickly rushed around the house, doing your hair, makeup and picking a decent outfit in less than twenty minutes. You honestly don't know how you did it. Before you could process your new superhuman skill, however, you were whisked away to meet Edmund's family for the first time, not realizing that he hadn't even seen them yet.

When you arrived at their house, Edmund grabbed your hand and pulled you into the house, which he had a key to. He motioned for you to be quiet as you crept through the house to the kitchen/dining room. At the count of three, he leapt out from behind the wall and a series of gasps and cries and laughs echoed through the house soon after.

"Y/N?" Edmund called. He came out of the room, seeing you looking extremely surprised in the hallway. He grabbed your shoulders, kissed your forehead and pulled you out into the view of his whole family.