Peter Mini

blub

(A/N: Pray for London.)

Prompt: 'Will you just accept that I am hopelessly in love with you, and there's nothing you can do that will change that?'

"Pete!"

"Yes?"

"Can you come here?"

Peter set the book that his parents had gotten him on parenthood down next to his hot chocolate. Climbing the stairs to what would soon be your daughter's nursery, he said, "What is it?"

You huffed, putting the baby clothes you were trying to fold down. You had been decorating the nursery, but nothing seemed right and you were coming to realize that you hated this color scheme and you just needed Peter to lean on.

"Nothing is going right," you said, leaning against him on your side, as, with your growing baby bump, you couldn't hug him very well from the front. "I can't even fold her shirts correctly."

Peter gently draped one arm over your belly and the other around your back, allowing you to rest your head on his shoulder. "Do you think it could be the hormones?" he offered gently, kissing your nose. "You've been having some mood swings lately. You might just be tired."

"Maybe," you yawned. Peter chuckled.

"Do you see what I mean?" You nodded. "How about you go take a nap? I can finish putting her clothes away."

"I guess," you said, letting Peter lead you to your shared bed. He pulled back the covers on his side, knowing that you liked to sleep there when he wasn't in the bed, saying that it smelled like him.

Peter kissed your forehead, then your belly and turned to leave, but you grabbed his hand.

"I'm sorry that I'm being like this," you said.

Peter frowned. "What do you mean?"

"I mean that it must be annoying having to take care of another adult who is supposed to be your partner and your equal, but who can't seem to stay awake for long enough to get out of a bad mood."

Peter kneeled down at your side. "Y/N, will you just accept that I am hopelessly in love with you, and there's nothing you can do that will change that? And that means all of you; the crazy, the tired, the calm, the aggravated," he paused, setting a hand on your belly, "the pregnant. I love you, and our daughter, and if meeting her means that I have to watch my adorable wife snuggle into my side of the pillows for an endearing reason, I am more than willing to oblige."