Chapter 4: Time to Choose

Marissa's Pov

It's been a week since Taehyung and I had gotten together, and I couldn't be any happier. He has been treating me so right. I feel so warm inside whenever I think about him. Just one thing bothers though, I haven't seen Suga around, and I can't help but feel uneasy for some reason.

Minho and I were on the rooftop, eating our lunch in a comfortable silence, or at least for me it's silent.

"Hey, why do you keep zoning out?" Minho waves her hand in front of me, trying to grab my attention.

"I'm sorry, you were saying?" I turn to her after shaking my head to wake myself up from my lost thoughts.

"We should double date sometime. Whatcha say,” She repeats herself, seeming slightly annoyed.

I forgot to mention, Minho and Jin have become awfully close, I don't even know how that happened, but it just did. I'm happy for them though, they make a cute couple.

"Yea, I'm sure Tae wouldn't mind,” I absentmindedly mumble.

"What's eating away at you?"

"The fact that Suga has been absent for the past week. I have an uneasy feeling that something is going to happen upon his return."

"You mean you don't know why he's been absent?" Her voice went an octave higher than normal out of shock.

"No, do you?" I look to her, confused as to what I've been missing out on.

"Well yea, the whole school talks about it all the time."

"What happened?"

"Well, apparently some kid owed him money but when the kid didn't pay up Suga went ballistic on the kid, he nearly killed him,” She whispers lower to me. We are such little school girls right now, gossiping about the latest exciting news that is going around the school.

"No way?"

"I still can't believe you haven't heard about it." She sat back up, staring at me in disbelief.

"Mm, I tend to not listen to gossip, so it's not a surprise to me." I just shrugged my shoulders. I could care less what happened to the boy, just as long as he doesn't bother with me.

"Does he know you're with Tae?" Her question takes me off guard. I choke on the milk that I was drinking, coughing until I can talk clearly again.

"Not too sure, that's a question for Tae."

"What's a question for me,” Taehyung chimes in, walking over to us.

"Does Suga know you two have a thing going on,” Minho blatantly asks him.

I see Taehyung avert his gaze looking nervous, that gave me my answer. He probably is too ashamed or too afraid to mention it to his friend. It kind of hurts that he wants to hide it from Suga, but there's nothing I can do if that's the case.

"It's okay if he doesn't, I could care less how he feels about our relationship." You could tell I was disappointed with the tone of my voice. I hate that I could never truly lie to people.

"He might literally kill you,” Minho states. I know. He definitely won't let me live to see the next day.

"He won't touch me, are you forgetting, I'm a fighter." Even though I sounded confident, my insides were twisting in fear. I knew that Suga was capable of more than what meets the eye.

“Minho is right though, he won't like the idea." Tae sounded torn. It was as if he didn't know what to choose. It broke my heart to hear the sadness in his voice.